Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
roarke
Abandonia nerd

Default My location is always removed

My location is always removed under the avatar. Are you all certain this site/forum is not attacked ?
roarke is offline                         Send a private message to roarke
Old 20-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Pretty much anything that goes wrong here is a known bug in the site code. Don't worry about it

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 20-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #3
Japo
Autonomous human

IIRC the location in your forum profile is overwritten from your website profile every time you log in or whatever. And you can no longer edit or view the location in your website profile, because it used to be mandatory to fill in, and people complained, so Abovo fixed it by removing it but not really, now it's hidden data and cannot be changed by anyone, but still has this effect on your visible forum profile.

Like the Dutch say, "I hope to have informed you sufficiently." :o)
Old 20-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Like the Dutch say, "Sod off please, I'm done talking to you." )
FTFY?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 21-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

I didn't mean to be as rude as them ;p I just find that sentence funny.

This is one of many issues caused by the fact that the website and forum have independent profiles for each user, and the very poor way in which they were integrated. Abovo/Studentis have never looked interested in fixing this, which would require a lot of re-do of the 2007 code.
Old 22-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
roarke
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
I didn't mean to be as rude as them ;p I just find that sentence funny.
I was not rude.
Old 22-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarke View Post
I was not rude.
But Japo was. At least, his reply could be taken as rude - so he did excuse.
Old 22-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
Japo
Autonomous human

You misunderstood me, :-) it's the Dutch who I said are rude, not you, and I was joking the whole time. Hence the clown smiley -> :o)

In short, many thanks for reporting this, but it's a long known issue as I explained. We could ask Abovo to fix it but there are more important issues they should fix first, starting with the big one that causes it.

"I hope to have informed you sufficiently" is the standard formal way for Dutch people to end formal letters, whereas other humans would write instead, "Please do not hesitate to reply with any further questions" or so. I find this funny. The Dutch are, as we say in Spain, "to be fed separately." :o)
Old 22-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
roarke
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
You misunderstood me, :-) it's the Dutch who I said are rude, not you, and I was joking the whole time. Hence the clown smiley -> )

In short, many thanks for reporting this, but it's a long known issue as I explained. We could ask Abovo to fix it but there are more important issues they should fix first, starting with the big one that causes it.

"I hope to have informed you sufficiently" is the standard formal way for Dutch people to end formal letters, whereas other humans would write instead, "Please do not hesitate to reply with any further questions" or so. I find this funny. The Dutch are, as we say in Spain, "to be fed separately." )
Ok.
Old 22-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #10
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Speaking about this... Do you remember old-time bug with tags connection? It is still here, and Abovo did nothing about it. Can you, maybe, remind about it?

In short, tag system supposed to be connected, and any change in main node item (i.e. English) automatically reflects in the translations.

In reality it connects game status tag (shareware, sold, etc.) with game type (action, adventure...), and destroys everything else with any English modification. Very annoying, and is main reason why I stopped to care about Russian translations section.

Definitely, some bonds/links must be recreated in base, but it seems no way to do that from outside of system. :/