Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #31
Danny252
I have a custom title!

maybe they should only give 'good advice'. Im certain parts of my review weren't there when I sent it in.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #32
Triton

The aforementioned review had a number of errors that were missed by the editors, and when I read the revised copy I added in a few changes, but they were reverted to what they were before.

When I tried to reason with the editor who contacted me, I challenged several revisions made by the editors. By not giving a reason for the revisions or why my challenges were overlooked, I inferred that those challenges were ignored. You see, I know my reviews aren't perfect, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad writer or I'm incapable of writing reviews at all. Would it be so wrong for the editors to choke down a little pride every now and then and admit they made a mistake instead of talking to the reviewers like they were dirt? I disagreed with those changes, and yet because I was a lowly reviewer what I had to say had little bearing on the final form the review would take.

Good advice is one thing, "here's my changes; if you don't like them, bugger off" is completely different.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #33
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

As I said in my last post, we changed the bits where we had made mistakes (one serious one, for which I apologised) and I would probably have been more likely to enter into a discussion with you if your attitude had been more reasonable. I copied your comments into the editing thread and we all agreed, as I pointed out to you, that the edits you objected to were correct.

This isn't the place to discuss that, however - it's been dealt with, and this is already the second version of this thread, after someone caused it to be closed.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 08-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #34
Triton

You have a flawed interpretation of what happened in that conversation we had. You were quite rude to me, well before I decided to give a little of your horse ~~~~ back.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #35
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Once again, that has already been dealt with, and if you have a problem with it still I suggest you take it up once again with The Picard, rather than cluttering up this once-useful thread.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 08-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #36
Triton

My purpose for posting this incident was not to focus the thread on you (though I feel you got off a lot easier than you should have), but to demonstrate my reason for wanting the editing system to change. Please stop trying to make yourself the center of attention with your vain trolling attempts.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #37
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by Danny252@Jul 8 2005, 02:55 PM
maybe they should only give 'good advice'. Im certain parts of my review weren't there when I sent it in.
Which review would that be, Danny? I'm not aware that we have edited any of yours yet, although I could certainly be mistaken.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:55 PM   #38
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I don't know about which review Danny is talking about, but I know that sometimes reviews get changed by the updaters as well (usually it says Updater's comment). I know it happened to some of my early updates (like Detroit).

So maybe that's what's happend to Danny's review as well (it would help to know which game we're talking about though).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Closed Thread