Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-06-2021, 02:49 AM   #1
Doyban
[BANNED]

Default #5G ready Mobile Games@Kickstarter

Dear Everyone,

Please do take 30-45 seconds to read this little post. Hope so you won't find this as a SPAM, I'll be happy to answer all your questions.

The project has started innocently in 2015, as a research project on how to implement an HTML5 game for mobile devices. It wasn't supposed to be anything big, just a yet another student's curiosity. The game was done, but the student has reached to resource which stated that "in the future, we dream about games send directly via links, i.e. without installation". The graduate student has kept working after hours on simple games deployable across many different platforms (Android, Chrome Web Store, Facebook, iOS, itch.io).

However, in 2019, Facebook has incorporated games without installation on Messenger. That was it, he has published these games into that platform, soon reaching 150k+ players, with very simple games. THAT'S IT!
It was a blast, THAT'S IT, the future of Game Development. **GAMES WITHOUT INSTALLATION**. Since then, we've started working as a team. We believe that 5G will change the industry diametrically, and we won't need installing games on our devices anymore.

I don't want to take more than 45 seconds of your time to read this, but if you've found these seconds noteworthy, you can bake us at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t-installation
Don't wanna bake us? Sharing the campaign & reactions on that post will help us too!

#5G #BREAKING #business #call4community #COVID19 #crowdfunding #facebookgaming #finance #games #gaming #HTML5 #innovation #javascript #kickstarter #messenger #phaser #programming #success #startup #tech #technology
Doyban is offline                         Send a private message to Doyban
Old 12-06-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
kemo
Game freak

Clearly SPAM. If you google "Please do take 30-45 seconds to read this little post. Hope so you won't find this as a SPAM, I'll be happy to answer all your questions." you'll see verbatim results within the past day of my reply.
kemo is offline                         Send a private message to kemo
Old 15-06-2021, 06:03 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Thumbs down

Quote:
The project has started innocently in 2015, as a research project on how to implement an HTML5 game for mobile devices.
Let me stop you there, hotshot. Does the term "progressive web app" ring any bells?
If not, research it, it's a thing already.

Quote:
THAT'S IT!
It was a blast, THAT'S IT, the future of Game Development. **GAMES WITHOUT INSTALLATION**.
Without knowing it, you're describing something that's been around since the 90s in multiple incarnations, starting with Flash and in recent years transitioned to HTML5 and WebAssembly.

It's not "the future of game development", if anything you're late to the party and just didn't know it.

By this point, there are HTML5 reimplementations of considerably more complex productions such as Diablo, Doom and Doom 3, Heroes of Might & Magic III, Dune II, X-Com, Ceasar III, Transport Tycoon... and many, many more (there were in fact some of Starcraft and Command & Conquer, but they're no longer available on the web). Not stopping there, these days we have JavaScript-based emulators that run in your browser - archive.org has used them to make literally thousands of games available online.

Given that context, your entire kickstarter pitch is underwhelming at best. Moreover, your entire presentation of it is distressingly amateurish - strongly reminiscent of the trainwreck known as Cybermatrix 100 .

If there's any lesson to come from this, it's that enthusiastic students are prone to overestimating the originality and ingenuity of their ideas and that you should spend more time on market research and presentation of your product.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 15-06-2021 at 08:09 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-06-2021, 01:14 PM   #4
kemo
Game freak

It's a SPAM account. Google parts of the message and you'll see that the very same post is on *multiple forums. (* Provided the posts haven't been taken down by the time you read this message).
Attached Images
File Type: png spam.png (45.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by kemo; 18-06-2021 at 01:19 PM.
kemo is offline                         Send a private message to kemo
Old 25-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #5
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, it's at least no scam, nigerian prince, or religious doorknockers.

And the kickstarter is livel.

I have no idea what it is about though. Fortunately TFH explained how it should be understood, so ... leave it at that?
Old 03-07-2021, 10:52 PM   #6
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Holy pieces of cow, Horseman returned back to this forum all of a sudden, after many years of hiatus, what's happening to the world.
Outside of all that, clearly spam, I don't buy all the pretentious #links, remembering as the 5G technology is coming from China.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty