Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Default Imperialism

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 19-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
timmyisme22

I remember this gem now. My small but deadly army of five Regulars and four Heavy Artillery are sweeping the minor nations out of the way (it's early game mind ya)!
timmyisme22 is offline                         Send a private message to timmyisme22
Old 20-01-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

A fun title, along with Imperialism 2. Too bad Frog City never got the funding they needed to continue producing great games, but from what they told me back then, publishers wanted promises that they would issue cross-platform titles instead of just concentrating on PC stuff.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 23-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
KPJ12345KPJ

Hey, just letting it be known that this forum thread doesn't link from the page for imperialism.

Love this game

BTW, crushing minor nations early on isn't very useful, you don't have the engineers, money, or labourforce to exploit your own nation yet! Better to build trade missions and work on relations

Old 23-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Fixed.
Old 24-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
timmyisme22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPJ12345KPJ View Post
BTW, crushing minor nations early on isn't very useful, you don't have the engineers, money, or labourforce to exploit your own nation yet! Better to build trade missions and work on relations
That's just the thing though, it is useful. It's al about resources and working on the ability to gain those resources for later development is worthwhile. Just got declared on by 4 great powers and wiped one out with ease. Working about 1 general, 2 Infantry men (the 2nd quality of troop), and about 20 Heavy Artillery in my main army and haven't lost a unit since I started the game. Also, was working with about 15 provenances before I got declared on.

Trust me when I say it works well. It also still says I'm a weak military power yet I haven't lost a fight yet. Fun times.:thumbs:
timmyisme22 is offline                         Send a private message to timmyisme22
Old 25-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #7
TurinX

Love the game so far, but the gamepage says it's DosBox compatible... I wouldn't want to underestimate my own ignorance, but I've looked through the readme files etc. and it seems to require some form of Windoze in order to run. Any help out there? Or at least a correction on the game info page? Cheers.
TurinX is offline                         Send a private message to TurinX
Old 25-01-2010, 06:04 AM   #8
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Sorry. First update ever, and for some reason my link to this thread didn't work either, so red-faced all round...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 30-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #9
jake4426

Great game. Not easy. I probaly wouldn't attack the minor nations, i would just buy them over and use thier land. i know i have a wya more advance industry than the other Great powers but it says it is poor. hate that.
jake4426 is offline                         Send a private message to jake4426
Old 02-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #10
jake4426

I woudl really liek to know hwo to get other Greta Powers to accept your alliance offers. No matter what they never accept them if i sned them one. Also when ever want peace with them ( incase we are at war) they never accept peace. This is the only part of the game i find hard, for if i had alliances long enough i could easily create and army and cause some havoc
jake4426 is offline                         Send a private message to jake4426