Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #1
Onyx
Abandonia nerd

First of all, I know very few of you belive that this game will ever be finished. Let me just say that I', determined to do this and I hope it will be finished. I won't make any promises I can't furfill but a little hope never killed anybody.

You can find discussion topic in programming section, or you can just click here

So, here's the deal. I need artists. First of all, spriters, I belive that sprites will be the biggest problem. Don't worry if you can't sprite: I'll need tilesets, backgrounds, all kinds of stuff. Even music. Only thing I don't need are photo manipulations. If you decide to make sprites, tilesets or backgrounds don't go for anything too realistic: it SHOULD be cartoony.

So, what do you get if you participate? First of all, pleasure of helping a game to come to life and my graditude. Second, your name in credits (either a real name or your nick, you choose). Last, but not the least, you get your own easter egg in the game. Maybe a graffiti on the wall saying "<your name> was here", your picture as an unlockable bonus, a side-character with your name, you get to choose (as long as it fits a game in any way it's fine with me).

Well, I'll be a bit buisy for some time now but I'll try to whip up a quick demo so you can see something is getting done. Anyways, if you're interested, post here or PM me about specifics.

Thanks. Onyx.

EDIT: typos
Old 14-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I tell you what i would love to help but im no good at pictures in paint or anything. I want my name in the credits too, that'd be awesome. Is there anything else i could do?
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 14-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
Onyx
Abandonia nerd

Can you do tilesets? You don't have to do them in paint you know?
Old 14-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

dunno whats a tileset? hehe im gunna get a hammering for that i know it... :bleh:
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 14-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
Onyx
Abandonia nerd

Example of a tileset:

^^ îgnore the characters

Now try to imagine your usual side-scrooling platformer level. Everything but characters (and background) are tiles: ground, water, trees... All the tiles of a specific kind are in one tileset.
Old 15-07-2006, 03:18 AM   #6
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

OHHHhh i getcha well i dont think i'll be able to but ill give it stab anyways. Just, err, what kind of pictures did you have in mind?