Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #11
Kearnsy
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Oct 24 2005, 11:46 AM
Why shouldn't they be uploaded? These are the legends in their own rights too. These games are the other side of the medal. These games make (if nothing else) people apreaciate other games more.

How can you tell if a game from the early 90's was good if you only compare it to two other good games and an average one? You need to see the crappy games too.
Good point Seb.

I dont mind seeing "bad games" on the site as the rating is simply an opinion.
I've met people who love games i hate and vice versa.

i think its like watching a horrible movie but enjoying it (normally laughing at it) for its terrible, terrible flaws.

How ever this game is far to annoying to apriciate its (many) flaws.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 27-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #12

The game isn´t really bad. It´s one of the first games with real-time 3D-engine (Wolfenstein 3D is from 1993 too) and not with step-by-step moving like in other older RPGs.
In the review Mr. Miau wrote that the graphics are pixelated. Of course they´re pixelated because it´s a game from 1993. See other old 3D-games like Wolfenstein and Doom of this time.

Old 30-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #13
Dubz

I played this game when I was young. I loved the game then and I still love it today. Sure, it is buggy and is nowhere close to par by todays standards. But this game was revolutionary during its time. There is actually a lot to do in this game and several quests. Also, there are huge undergound caverns much like the ones in Ultima Underworld. Anyways, this game is great. Love it and would reccommend it to anyone who loves old RPGs.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #14
big phil

:angry: yhe problems were largely only on the pc release. the amiga version was a classic and playable much later than 1993. it was a reaL time open ended free roaming 3d adventure, 8 years before gta 3. sure the pc version was bugged, but the developers were truly visionary

Old 10-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #15
RussianGamer

I think the best word describing this game was already mentioned : this game is half-cooked...I spent a week to finish this damned game cause i thouhgt there would be some kind of an interesting end movie or something....but i was very disappointed...there was Nothing,not even a message "congratulations you won" or something like that...

Old 16-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #16
Host

This game is good. It was first 3D RPG game on Amiga. Who know, how to play (complete quests etc.), sometime with nostalgy can playing this game.

Old 21-12-2005, 01:51 AM   #17
Nage

I played this game when it first came out (I worked in a computer store at the time) and I loved it. Since I'm not a fan of 3D shooters, this was a nice change of pace for me. I didn't experience many bugs back then, in fact, I don't remember any. I'm wondering if the bugs aren't a compatibility mode issue, or something else, other than bad programming. After all, you can't write code for hardware that doesn't yet exist.

My favorite game of all time to that point was FTL's amazing Dungeon Master, but that was all underground in one labyrinth. This game was a godsend, though it was no Dungeon Master. Speaking as someone who enjoyed the game initially, I can say with some confidence, there wasn't anything around then with much better graphics.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #18
Morten

I played this game as a frustrated teen. It came with a poster of a redskinned demon. Also, the editor said it had no sound. When I played it on my 386 back then, there was only one sound in it: The sound of the city guards trying to capture me (often because of the way I smelled)

Old 21-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #19
Dancing_with_wolves

Well, i think that game is not really bad. Well, i played it 6 minutes, maybe more. In my opinion that game is simply boring, and more Click than Think :P In city: click-click-click; in forest click-click-click; in fight CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK!!! I'm thinking that's ugly and bad only in editor's opinion, but...

And again - not so bad, don't have so much bugs, but it is REALLY boring
Dancing_with_wolves is offline                         Send a private message to Dancing_with_wolves
Old 22-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #20
Marcos

I cannot install the game