Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
LingonKungen
Forum hobbit

Default I need RPG tips.

Hi everybody, Itīs been long since i played a good RPG game, Does anyone know a good RPG game? something in the line of Diablo or Fallout?

What i am longing for is a game that is easy to play but still have more aspects then a simpel hack and slash, less bugs then Fallout 2(my cartrunk always sitts in trees and never on my car.) and quite a new game something around the year 2000...

or do anyone know a more modern version of Shadow over riva? that whas a good game.

PEACE
LingonKungen is offline                         Send a private message to LingonKungen
Old 12-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.
Apart from the stampunk setting, the game is very fallout-like. No surprise, given many of the people involved in the first Fallout were involved with producing Arcanum.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Now, that's a hybrid between an RPG and a TPP action-adventure, but it works quite well. Bonus points for the setting and a peculiar sense of humour (which is not unlike certain jokes in the Fallout series) at many points during the game.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
MugsyNJ1

If you liked Diablo, you would probably also like:

Darkstone (1999)

and

Sacred (2004)
MugsyNJ1 is offline                         Send a private message to MugsyNJ1
Old 13-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
LingonKungen
Forum hobbit

thx guys, I knew I could turn to you guys. For me personaly i have a problem with sacred and Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. I only have a Laptop to play them on, thusly i am locking for games that donīt have to high requierments.

I have tried bouth Sacred and Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. good games, Sacred i played for a few month and got a good lvl dwarf.
And Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines I had that a little while on my Comp and since it lagged a lot on that I donīt think itīs a choice for me now... Though itīs a very intresting game.

PEACE
LingonKungen is offline                         Send a private message to LingonKungen
Old 13-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
And Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines I had that a little while on my Comp and since it lagged a lot on that I donīt think itīs a choice for me now... Though itīs a very intresting game.
Lagged on mine a lot too. Which didn't prevent me from finishing it twice
There are some tweaks that improve its performance, BTW.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
LingonKungen
Forum hobbit

OK well im just about to take on "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura"... one game i loved but had problems playing whas Shadows over riva... Great game but i had problems with it since i couldnīt make it past the scen when i whas led by the people in the water to their town, I whas not able to get past it with Dosbox or in simple windows XP...(I played it in bouth, it whas so slow in Dosbox since i only had a 450 mhz comp, and the movies didnīt work without Dosbox.) does anyone know a game simmilar to the "realms of arcadia" series? preferably more modern...
Always a pleasure to get hepled by you "Fifth Horseman".

PEACE
Old 14-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Spoonman
Flyswatter

It's a bit of a mixture of genres, but I'm momentarily captivated by Overlord, which is fun. It was definitely worth the 10 euros, but that was a temporary Steam offer I'm afraid. Sacred is a good game too, actually played that one before I tried Diablo 2.

And then there is Baldurs Gate and its sequels (which I need to continue playing one of these days), and Jade Empire is pretty good as well

Last edited by Spoonman; 14-12-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Spoonman is offline                         Send a private message to Spoonman
Old 14-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Planscape: Torment is great, too (but not very Diablo like). Another game that you can probably get for a few bucks is Dungeon Siege. The game itself is crap (well, you might like it if you liked Diablo, it is very combat heavy), but there is an incredible good Ultima V port for the engine. Easily worth the 5€ I spend for the game
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 19-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
potreal

The best RPG I EVER(!) played was Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge. There's no game that even remotely immersed me as deeply and completely in story and atmosphere as Bane. If u finish the game using only one mook char u will ascend to nirvana on the spot.
anyway: best. rpg. ever.
potreal is offline                         Send a private message to potreal
Old 21-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

Hm, I personally found VtM: Bloodlines a more-less crappy game. My recommendation is Morrowind, weird that noone else mentioned it yet, maybe it is first-person, but it's deep enough for the likes of Diablo and etc.
The Bard is offline                         Send a private message to The Bard