Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 AM   #1
Striderzin

Hello guys, I wanted to play some Time Commando but it didn't run
Tried to set the compatibility mode do Windows 95, tried dosbox and still don't work...

Please, tell me it's a way to run this marvellous game
Striderzin is offline                         Send a private message to Striderzin
Old 01-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

What didn't work, exactly? Any details, like error messages, system and suchlike, would help. Saying "it doesn't work" only gives one solution "pray".
Old 01-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #3
Striderzin

sorry..well, in the windows version there is an error message after the introduction videos..
in the dos version I have opened the cd on DOSBOX, enter DOS folder and installed through setup.exe, but when I execute timeco.exe nothing happens..
someone has asked here if Time Commando runs in Windows XP - http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?a...;f=2&t=9784 he got an answer of this guy "the_fifth_horseman" to use a virtualisation software..where can I download one?

PS : sorry about my english..

edit : i'll not describe the windows version error cuz it's normal to Time Commando not run in WinXP..so I am looking forward through the virtualisation software solution..
Striderzin is offline                         Send a private message to Striderzin
Old 01-12-2006, 01:03 AM   #4
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Your English is as good as anyone's Sorry for yelling, but it's like 03.00 AM here, and I need some sleep.

Ok, what does the error message say? When you say "nothing works in dos", do you get any messages? Does Dos-Box jump back to the desktop? What happens? It's helpful to get the error messages.

EDIT: I don't know about that virtualization thing, but someone else may know.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

I'm afraid there's no way for it to run from a CD, but have you tried to run it from a created ISO on hard disc? And you're in any way better off trying it to run in DosBox than in Windows XP.
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire
Old 01-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Go to Microsoft's site and get Virtual PC 2004. It's a free download from them.
You'll have to install the operating system on it, so you'd better have a copy of Windows 9x or a friend who has one.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
Striderzin

thanks for helping...

here is the error of the windows version :

and here is the doxbox screen when I try to execute timeco.exe(the executable for running Time Commando DOS version)

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no way for it to run from a CD, but have you tried to run it from a created ISO on hard disc?[/b]
I'll try to make an iso with Alcohol 120% now, thanks for the tip!

Quote:
You'll have to install the operating system on it, so you'd better have a copy of Windows 9x or a friend who has one.[/b]
don't have a win9x right now, but if that is the only solution I'll try to get one =)
Old 01-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
Striderzin

YAY! Got it running installing through a virtual drive.. Saphire, I love you!
and that makes sense, I've saw in another forum that Time Commando needs to take control of your entire CD Drive, and Win XP doesn't permit that..
Well, thanks to all \o/
Old 01-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #9
Striderzin

oh well..it's running in windows version but with sound issues, sometimes it doesn't play the attack sound, damage sound =/ any idea?

edit : nvm, it's working fine now without directx sound acceleration =)
Old 01-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #10
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

QUOTE(Striderzin @ Dec 1 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]269709[/snapback]
Quote:
edit : nvm, it's working fine now without directx sound acceleration =)[/b]
Hmm, you know you brought me on an idea myself. Maybe that's the solution to get Blood & Magic to run with clean good sound, maybe under VDMSound (it runs only in DosBox with sound, and not perfectly clean which slows the game down). Thank you in return, and have fun with the game
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire
Closed Thread