Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-10-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Default Cyberpunk 2077

Anyone else excited about Cyberpunk 2077s release? I'm more of a retro gamer and I don't even have a PC good enough to run this thing haha but nevertheless I've been drooling over all the videos CD Projekt Red have been releasing on youtube lately. Eg just look at the amazing views of the huge city in this one!

Over the last few months they’ve been doing a really good behind the scenes series called ‘Night City Wire’ with heaps of amazing new gameplay footage.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 27-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
Capo
Unconventional member

Me, just hope is not a gta clone

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 28-10-2020, 04:25 AM   #3
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Me, just hope is not a gta clone
Yeah I got a bad feeling it is too lol.. so I an see myself just driving around at night listening to synth music not bothering to actually play the game haha.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation
Old 29-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Been waiting for this game since last year, it does look quite promising, though from the media I've seen about it, there isn't actually that much driving in it. Hope my notebook can handle it, it should be able to at least on lower detail settings though.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 30-10-2020, 05:43 AM   #5
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Been waiting for this game since last year, it does look quite promising, though from the media I've seen about it, there isn't actually that much driving in it. Hope my notebook can handle it, it should be able to at least on lower detail settings though.
Guess you haven't seen the latest night wire then mate haha.. it's allll about vehicles and driving custom cars in the game. But also shows a lot of that GTA kind of car stealing stuff though.

Eg you can see some great footage in this video:
https://youtu.be/2rV8-sf2UxA?t=159

But here's the full new night wire that shows lots more. Those night shots driving a futuristic sports car under the city neon lights.. that's where it's at! *drools*

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 10-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #6
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Aaaaannnnnd it's been delayed again lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 11-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Sounds like an interesting game, never heard of it before. However I was thinking Cyberpunk 2077 will be delayed due to Covid and all, though people were saying it's coming in November. So I guess it's safe to expect it in the first quarter of 2021 instead, which personally is fine with me, as long as the game comes out polished and finished all the better.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 13-11-2020, 05:13 PM   #8
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have nothing constructive to add, but keep me updated, after all the hype I'm curious how this turned out.
Old 27-11-2020, 08:10 PM   #9
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Wow! Everyone is talking about Cyber-Bonk! I wonder if a certain person has his precious ears turn red and is itching... *achoo* *sneeze*