Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 05:11 PM.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 20-11-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
red_avatar
Administrator

This must have been the very first PC game I played! It's deviously hard in places, but still fun!

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 20-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #3

Kinda funny how everyone complains how hard these dizzy games are now they are no different from when they were immensely popular, and tons of people had finished them.
Guess that says something about games nowadays really :bleh: so spoilt with your save game options

Old 21-11-2005, 04:27 AM   #4
RituroErganesti
Forum hobbit

Ohhhhh man, I remember stumbling my way through this game when I was still in elementary school! We had the Dizzy Collection for the AtariST computer and to this day have only beaten Kwixsnax and Fast Food Dizzy. Could this be a victory eleven years in the making?

COMMENCE THE DOWNLOADING! :Titan:
RituroErganesti is offline                         Send a private message to RituroErganesti
Old 21-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #5
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Nov 21 2005, 12:14 AM
Kinda funny how everyone complains how hard these dizzy games are now they are no different from when they were immensely popular, and tons of people had finished them.
Guess that says something about games nowadays really* :bleh: so spoilt with your save game options
Exactly! Gamers nowdays are so spoiled. Noone cares about becoming better in playing games. Warcraft and CS are the onle exceptions.

This was the first Dizzy game i ever played and i was completely hooked up. Actually, no other Dizzy game i liked this much. I am talking about C64 version. PC version look much better, but somehow it misses something.

Well, Rituro, you'll have problems finishing this one on PC. PC version is horriblly hard in certain parts. If you manage to handle this, than logical parts shouldn't be so hard. There are few puzzles that might give you hadeache, but with some sence for a humor....

If there is anything you can't solve, feel free to PM me. I'm sure i remember everything. Perhaps even how to pass some locations. As for hidden coins, i remember them also, i just don't know should i help you with that. Or it is better to help you with hidden coins and let you handle the puzzles????
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 22-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
RituroErganesti
Forum hobbit

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Nov 21 2005, 12:38 PM
Well, Rituro, you'll have problems finishing this one on PC. PC version is horriblly hard in certain parts. If you manage to handle this, than logical parts shouldn't be so hard. There are few puzzles that might give you hadeache, but with some sence for a humor....

If there is anything you can't solve, feel free to PM me. I'm sure i remember everything. Perhaps even how to pass some locations. As for hidden coins, i remember them also, i just don't know should i help you with that. Or it is better to help you with hidden coins and let you handle the puzzles????
I am definitely taking you up on that offer, if/when I hit the same roadblocks I hit years ago. Let me say this, though: I did manage to figure out that having the Prince kiss Dora the Frog saves her in Fantasy World Dizzy, and that took me only nine years, so there is precedence for success here!

(...I think it was Fantasy World... it's the one with smaller Dizzy and Yolkfolk, where you start on top of Stonehenge... ringing any bells?)
RituroErganesti is offline                         Send a private message to RituroErganesti
Old 23-11-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
Limetang
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by RituroErganesti@Nov 22 2005, 02:41 PM
(...I think it was Fantasy World... it's the one with smaller Dizzy and Yolkfolk, where you start on top of Stonehenge... ringing any bells?)
I think that's either Magicland or Prince of the Yolkfolk, check the other Dizzy games on abandonia and you're bound to find it.

As I said in the review, this is a great game and definitely worth a try, it's one of the better dizzy games.
Limetang is offline                         Send a private message to Limetang
Old 25-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
Dizzy fan

The part with Dora the frog and the prince is Magicland Dizzy.

Old 26-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #9
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, thing with Dora and the prince is definately from Fantastic Dizyy, maybe the puzzle was repeated.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 15-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #10
Rikka

I remember the Dizzy games from when I was small. The craze swept through school, it is fairly addictive.

I'm trying to get the Fantasy Land Dizzy, but it won't open. A DOS screen flashes up for a split second. Can anyone help?

Thanks.