Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-10-2005, 11:19 PM   #11
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

Why is it that, whenever you get one hit (and you're at 6 aura each) that you get to be Our Shepherd?
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 17-10-2005, 12:56 AM   #12
Sabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by lordcantenberry@Oct 7 2005, 04:22 AM
I dont think this game would fair well in a remake since most people today want mindless games whose objectives are to shoot everything that moves. This is more of a thinking man's game that appeals sadly to to few people.

Also thanks all for informing me abou the sound.
:whistle: Either a thinking man, or a woman's game. I'm just teasin'. But really, this looks interesting, I'm gonna try it.
Sabbit is offline                         Send a private message to Sabbit
Old 19-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #13
Kyp

I didn't really understand where was the interrest in such a game. Well it's fun two minutes, but it's always the same thing : going everywhere searching for information (useless by the way). There's too much chance, not enough thought. The idea is original but badly run.

And by the way, don't waste time reading either the manual or the novel : they're both useless and for the time you'll play before erasing the game, it isn't worth.

Old 26-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #14
Kyp

Acrually I think this game could be fun in multiplayer. Has anybody tried to remake it ?

Old 28-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcantenberry View Post
I dont think this game would fair well in a remake since most people today want mindless games whose objectives are to shoot everything that moves. This is more of a thinking man's game that appeals sadly to to few people.
That may be the factor making a title like Siboot more attractive to a one or two person indie company, today: it's unlike anything else out there. It would attract attention on its own merits, without suffering from superficial comparisons with the high visual gloss of large development outfits.

However, it's unlikely to be remade again, unless Crawford decides to do so. I suppose he could give his blessing to a remake, but I suspect that's unlikely. He's a very opinionated man who would no doubt want to oversee a project like this with his favorite baby.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin