Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-10-2004, 03:37 AM   #11
Phoenix

UPDATE - Okay I was a little wrong.....when you drive your motor vehicle and the sign appears for say Aspen Falls" "Lyntton Jail" and so forth you must STOP the motor vehicle from moving, and then click the hand button (or walk button) outside of the road picture. Don;t click the arrow on the road picture, cause it doesn't work.

Good Luck

Phoenix is offline                         Send a private message to Phoenix
Old 26-11-2004, 08:13 AM   #12
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

If anyone else is having issues getting sound to work in DosBox, you need to replace the Soundblaster driver that came with the game. Download and extract http://www.sierraplanet.com/~ugarte/...s/486SBDRV.EXE, and copy the two .DRV files over the Police Quest III directory. Fixed me right up.
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle
Old 17-01-2005, 10:29 PM   #13
Marc

Ok im having major problems driving in this game would someone please give me advice on how to drive the car, it is DRIVING MEEEE INSANE!!! LOL i just cannot make it stop or turn or anything LOL thanks

Marc

Old 18-01-2005, 07:48 AM   #14
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

If you're driving off the road and crashing within a couple of seconds of leaving the police station, you need DOSBox.

Assuming the game's running at a reasonable speed, you control the car by clicking just outside of it in that popup window that shows the road. As you move the cursor around you should see it turn into four different arrows -- up accelerates, down brakes and left and right turn.
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle
Old 22-01-2005, 03:54 AM   #15
Grimace

Heya folks. Quick query, because I am as stuck as when sticky the stick insect got himself stuck on a sticky bun.

Basically, for the life of me, I can't draw the damn pentagram. I've tried every combination of locations possible...twice (ok, maybe an exageration), and I can't get past it. I even reffered to a walkthrough, followed it step by step but...nada.

Anyone have any hints? Suggestions? Saved games right after said pentagram?

Old 22-01-2005, 04:23 AM   #16
John Watts

strange...
Old 22-01-2005, 04:23 AM   #17
John Watts

LOL
Old 22-01-2005, 12:46 PM   #18
Jingo James

I'm stuck really bad. I'm soo confused I hope someone can help. when I wrote the ticket for the slow driver I put the correct time as show at the top of the screen, 1905. Later when I show up for the court appearance I bring the calibration chart with me. However, (according to the walkthrough) the defence attoney is suppose to say "no further questions". Instead he said that I didn't put the correct time! Help
Old 23-01-2005, 11:48 PM   #19
Mr Funny

Hey all. Where the hell is 325 South 2nd Street? I get it's supposed to be on the corner of 2nd and Poppy but I get there and nothing happens. Either I stop the vehicle and get "there's no reason to get out here" or when I get to the intersection and stop I get "You can't leave your car in the intersection." I've driven all around (before there's been a popup with you get to where you need to be) but I get nothing.

HELPPLZ.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:48 AM   #20
help!

I can't get the game to open! the mouse curser appears and then....nothing!!!