Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-10-2006, 02:42 AM   #91
Guest_JOhn_*

I have installed Police Quest 1 vga and police quest 3 and i have windows xp....can you tell me what i would need to install the game to run it...i tried using DOSBOX but i cant figure it out

Old 10-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #92
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try having a look at the official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed, but you would do best to familiarize yourself with the specific topics I linked to.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.

Though all of this might seem complicated, it's very easy once you get used to it. So remember:

DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #93
joyceho
Lurker

Can annyone help me?
I've got a call from dispatch to go to oak tree mall, so i get in my car and go there, but when i want to turn into the driveway the computer says: there is no reason te get out here!
joyceho is offline                         Send a private message to joyceho
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #94
Guest_Yogi_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IWord @ Apr 16 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]222868[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'm having an issue where my game hangs while I'm trying to get the search warrant. I've handed the judge the photo and news clipping, but the animation of the judge talking just keeps going and going and.... I'm using dosbox and have downloaded some patches, but I'm still stuck here. Does anyone know how to fix this or have a save file after this point? I hate to give up this close to the end! Thanks!
[/b]
This bug only happens if you dont give locket to Marie in hospital, when you automatically drive there after visit at coroner. If you give the locket to Marie, she should wake up and the judge wont get stuck yapping.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #95
Asghar
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(inotoni @ Nov 11 2005, 05:31 PM) [snapback]178964[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Looks like a bug to me. Many old Sierra games had speed problems today. Try find patch w/ search engine. Sorry, can't give link.
[/b]
776 is the password.

Old 23-07-2007, 01:37 AM   #96
Guest_PILMAN_*

For some reason I keep losing the court case and they claim it wasn't the correct time or something. I entered the time at the top left when I exited my cop car, don't understand what I did wrong.

Old 16-10-2007, 04:36 AM   #97

Does anyone know where to find a download for this game? Thanks!

Old 16-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #98
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Forum Rules
Quote:
* Do not link to, offer or ask for warez, oldwarez or console ROMs.
<blockquote>* If a game is marked on the main site as "Sold" or "ESA Protected", any download link for it is considered oldwarez.</blockquote>[/b]
Police Quest 3 is still sold. Do not ask for download links for it. Thank you.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #99
Emil
Angry

I've played 1 and 2 and this one has got to be the worst. The driving alone makes me not want to play this game. I got the the first time you visit the crackhouse and have 0 desire to finish. :tai:

Also, to answer another post - thanks to how crappy the driving is I never pulled over the right guy or whoever so I never had to go to court and get the chance later to steal Pat's key but you can continue the game, just visit the hostpital.

Old 18-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #100
tweezzz
Lurker

Default I'm STUCK and I can't figure out what is going on.

I would appreciate if someone could help me out...I have just filled out the citation form 900 for Juan Ruiz and I take the ticket and ID from the computer, but when I go to get out of the car it tells me "You can't leave your car in the middle of an intersection." I can't do anything from here. If I try to start the car and leave it tells me "You must return the driver's ID first." But I can't do that if it won't let me out the car...I couldn't find anyone that had this same problem anywhere on the net. HELP PLEASE!
tweezzz is offline                         Send a private message to tweezzz