Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

any thoughts anyone? Looks like I have to pick up a PS2 now, as there is no way I'm missing out on this one...

TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 22-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
Mr.Snuggles
Game freak

I few people here i know already have it. Im not a fan of the genre, i might get it....(it's RPG right? I only play RPGs with Real-time battle systems and final fantasy type games.)
Mr.Snuggles is offline                         Send a private message to Mr.Snuggles
Old 22-10-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Not RPG...
think prince of persia or Ico style. Explore, jump, jump, explore, find giant monster, find way onto its head, stab it. All real time, no enemies to fight outside of the giants. The whole game is basically finding and taking down 16 bosses. Very interesting concept.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 22-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
Mr.Snuggles
Game freak

I knew that, but i never played Ico before. I am a fan of Prince Of Persia. Hmm... I might just get it. But getting onto it's head is a problem. I mean what? Get on his leg, climb up, make sure you don't fall, then stick a sword in his head. I think I could, but 17 of them? Just to bring another person back to life huh? Whew...sound like Zelda has something to worry about.
Mr.Snuggles is offline                         Send a private message to Mr.Snuggles
Old 22-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #5
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

The bosses are apparently all puzzles in disguise, like, how do you get to the weakpoints? And the moral question in the end is, are you being selfish in killing 16 of the most majestic creatures in the world merely to bring your love interest back to life?
Old 23-10-2005, 02:37 AM   #6
Mr.Snuggles
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Oct 22 2005, 10:32 PM
The bosses are apparently all puzzles in disguise, like, how do you get to the weakpoints? And the moral question in the end is, are you being selfish in killing 16 of the most majestic creatures in the world merely to bring your love interest back to life?
OHHHHH...your love interest back to life? I'd do it. Id really do it.
Old 23-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

It's probably going to end up as a sleeper hit, unfortunatly. Seems everyone just wants another Grand Theft Auto.
Old 23-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #8
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have it.
Get PS2.
Then buy Shadow.
And try not to fall off any 100 story cliffs, or get crushed by a massive foot.

@Snuggles, it's not a RPG.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 23-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

It looks incredible. Incroyable.
Old 23-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #10
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Exploring the world is a game all in itself. It's massive beautiful, and jumping across chasms, climbing cliffs, traversing rivers, they could've made a travel game and it would've been decent.

Fighting is amazing, you never get a sense of how incredible it is until you actually play it.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy