Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #181
eugene425
Game Wizzard

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
This game sucks because of the saving-system, and "seek-die-do it" playing style.

You go to a certain distance, then a new situation comes, what you have no idea about, so you die, then you have to start ALL OVER from the VERY BEGINING. Not worth the time it requires.
Do not know how to play - not try. And the game is good. You always have a difficult game and a bad one.
eugene425 is offline                         Send a private message to eugene425
Old 18-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #182
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ok, now it is clear that this game is one of the biggest failures in gaming history!

I tell you why:
- the graphic is ok, but nothing exciting
- the screen-allocation sucks. With all the moving NPCs you have to constantly manually re-allocate the screen centering yourself (hit ENTER).
- saving sucks. Here is how to do it: 1) save the game with any title ("MAIN" for this example) 2) go to the place from where you want a backup-save and "copy" the save there (use F6 to call up the manu you need) 3) keep playing 4) if you want to (or have to) reload, first quit (to the main game-menu, easiest with hitting Esc and choosing quit), then delete "Main", then reload the file you want, then save the game as "MAIN" again 5) continue playing.
- NPCs respawn IF they are not key-charaters AND they are not done with their purpose. Same true for items.
- NPCs are mostly useless, and friends can not be distincted from foes until they shoot. And to "kill" friends is profitating, and as you have absolutly no relations to any NPC ... Basically: you'll try to play doom. Sadly there are unwoundable enemies - that also turns out only when you start attacking them.
- some enemy can one-shot you.
- whenever you die IF you have fortune-clovers, you loose one. But fortune-clovers are bloody rare, and are supposed to be used as healing kits while you are alive.
- the whole game is BORING. You don't know what to do, with what to do it etc., and if you go the wrong direction you simply die most of the times.
- the game is not hard, nor require any brain-activity. It just require "try, die, now you know it".
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 18-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #183
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

You don't play many puzzle style games do you. I bet Abe's Odyssey would bore the hell out of you too.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 18-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #184
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
You don't play many puzzle style games do you. I bet Abe's Odyssey would bore the hell out of you too.
I've played Abe's Exodus, and it was pure fun with all the humor and charge (and three endings).
I've played Atomix and Shokoban, and I liked them for making me use my brain.
I've played The Summoning and The amazing Spider Man, and I totally liked both.

THIS game has neither charm nor cleverness on the other hand.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 19-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #185
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hmm..

[quote=twillight;THIS game has neither charm nor cleverness on the other hand.[/quote]

Even Y correct, dear twillight, I will try to start this game, because this game versus endless dark corridors of Daggerfall or Fallout is very clear and color. It brings me to my early years. Childish

But I totally agree with Y concerning saving system, which is let say stupid..

Plz, I do not wanna start any discussion like --Who is first - The egg or hen?

yog the adventurer
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 19-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #186
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking yog the adventurer

Wow!

Very difficult are even the first steps.
One has to be very experienced with the Twinsen moving and this 4 playing modes-!!
I have to kill second guard in the left before start alarm button!!No, I will trick the guard dressing same uniform and then kill him.

Ha ha ha
Old 19-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #187
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If you played any game what requires intens use of shortcut-buttons (finally some use of Diablo 2), this game is a joke to handle.

Btw, some early hints, then some questions (this being a bad game by design doesn't mean I won't play it, as it is not THAT bad, and the save feature can be circumwent):
- to start JUMP on your bed. I noticed the platform with the guard arrives this way almost imediatelly.
- the two guards at the other and of the platform are joke-easy.
- for the next guard RUN.
- you don't have to kill the guard in the sideroom, but he do drops a random thingy (life or $) if you do.
- stupid thing is, if you press F1-4 AND press left/right, the left-right affects the choice of mode. Another frustrating part.

Some early hints with slight spoiler:
- killing guards IS possible, so you can fight your way out if you really feel that way.
- all random guards do drop a random thingy (life or $, maybe mana too on later islands?) if you kill them.
- random NPCs most of the time do not drop anything. Still, the bunny what comes out of the tavern drops 3 $ if you kill it (and it respawns). Heck, it isn't worth it considering the sewers.
- do not go into water. The protaginst is drowned there without chance to escape.
- the magic ball can be thrown different ways depending on current mode set (most difference if you use discrete mode, then the ball is thrown artillery mode).
- at the pharmacy you do not need the magic ball. You can RUN to the pharmacyst, kill it, then immediatelly run out of the shop (if you are slow the elephant can block your way). Then going back the shop eliminates the elephant, so you can loot freely.

QUESTIONS:
- there is a robot about which the elephant says "forbidden to use". Any way to jump into it?
- is there a way to get back inside the protagnist's house once I leave it?
- what is the use of mana? I do not need mana to use the magic ball.
- will I be able to enter later into the caves below the protagonist's house?
- possible bug: according to the design you should first find the magic ball, then re-enter via a ventillation-hole or something into the Asylum. You'd arrive that way inside the room with the elephant, and I assume kill the elephant, open the room's door from inside, and THEN aquire the holomap.
I did get the holomap instantly of course, and when after getting the magic ball entered this room the elephant was gone, and the door was locked. I think this is a bug.
- clover leaves: on the starting island if you kill the barricaded guard in the middle you get 6 (and he respawns). On the second island above the prison you can find clovers in a barell (guarded by immortal elephant, but still).

Currently I try to figure out what to do on the second island.

Last edited by twillight; 19-04-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: update
Old 19-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #188
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking ?

Q: May I use (have I) the magic ball - some like boomerang- and if Yes, how?
Q2: Is very far from the beginning the first Save point?
Q3: How strong is Tw. in the beginning , in the middle and end of the game, plz?
ty
Old 19-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #189
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Q: May I use (have I) the magic ball - some like boomerang- and if Yes, how?
Q2: Is very far from the beginning the first Save point?
Q3: How strong is Tw. in the beginning , in the middle and end of the game, plz?
ty
Q1: When you aquire an item, all info is told in the equipment screen. For magic ball you use it with the Alt button.

Q2: there is NO save point. If you do not mind loosing equipments (temporarily? not sure) you might go with the game's system (it autosaves your position whenever you enter a new area /the screen goes black/, but when you die you suffer equipmentloss), or better: save your game as I described above. Saving as described is considerable also because at 0 clovers you get a Game Over screen, and will no longer be able to resurrect.

Q3: without the magic ball you can beat up nurses, bunnies, simple soldiers (if they don't start shooting) and the weakest elephants (if you are lucky).
With 1st level magic (aka. having the Magic Ball) you can beat up auto guards (the thingy on the first island), robot bunnies (learn to time your shots) and second level elephants (they are golden/yellow colour I think).
There is at least 2 upper level elephants, a tank, robots and machine guns what I could not damage yet.

New annoying thing:
you can travel with land-vehicles. But could someone tell me why each vehicle can bring me only 1 destination on the SAME island?
This is the most annoying thing until now: you enter White Desert with a cutsceen, do a conversation, then drawn accidentaly what has an unskippable animation too, then the arriving cutsceen nd the conversation happens again (unskippable of course), then you do the reload procedure, suffer the arriving-cutsceen and converstaion AGAIN... And it is sooooo easy to drawn here... I check the walkthrough for this, as it is uber-ridiculous.

Also a map would be useful...

EDIT: Tips for yoga about the Temple:
- when you have to run and jump from a rolling log, you ony have time for TWO jumps. So plan your route accordingly.
- when 3 platform have to be set to reach a higher level, do NOT step on the rute between the switches on the poles and the platforms. Doing that makes the platform change as you'd touch the switches.

Last edited by twillight; 19-04-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: update
Old 20-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #190
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

To yoga (the previous post started to be too long):

Magic Level 2 makes you really strong. I could only not kill these: tank, white-blue elephants (refered as supergrobo), fully-covered machinguns. I also saw out of range red elephants.

Money: the fastest point I've found is killing the Librarian while looking for the Legend (before the Temple). Its cash-machine gives 25 $ at the cost of killing a military from a totally safe place, and this situation respawns.

Being healed: after a point hearts simply not heal enough. So instead find some clovers, heal yourself by using a clover from your backpack, then pick up the newly found clovers.

Bugs:
- NPCs sometimes have route-finding problems. Lucky us
- I managed to get stuck once in an opening (closing?) door. I could not move any way, no chance to get unstuck, and no NPC bothered that I'm there. Ugh.

QUESTION: walkthroughs talks about a "cofee pot" what is needed to get "envelope about cloverfield sites" what is needed to "open secret door near the exhibits of the museum to rech the roof of the museum where you find a clover". Question is: where to find the "coffee pot"?

Last edited by twillight; 20-04-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: update