Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #11
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Ohhh man I couldn't agree more. The Myst games are the best games I have ever playd. Myst was simply beautiful because it was my first game like that. Next was Riven, who'sgraphics just were becutiful. I sometimes caught myself watching the water, or the grass sway. Next I got Exile, and it was on the PS2. I was iffy, wondering how a Myst game would be controlled with a PS2 controller. However I wasn't dissapointed

Oh and yes, I also have the Schizm games. x-x those are frekkin hard.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 11-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #12
Limetang
Forum hobbit

The original Myst was great, but I could never get into Exile, in my opinion it lost some of the series charm. I'm suprised no-one's mentioned realMyst yet.
Limetang is offline                         Send a private message to Limetang
Old 11-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #13
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by Limetang@Oct 11 2005, 06:57 PM
The original Myst was great, but I could never get into Exile, in my opinion it lost some of the series charm. I'm suprised no-one's mentioned realMyst yet.
I own both realMyst and Myst ME and the former is superior in every way except nostalgia. Still they're essentially the same game except that realMyst is a lott prettier and contains another age which links the story of Myst better with that of Riven.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 11-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #14
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

*Has played every single Myst game and read all three novels*

Yeah. Love it. Some of the puzzles are bloody ridiculous (the sound maze on the Selenetic age, for example), but on the whole it's an utterly amazing game, especially if you take the time to study and understand the story and world as a whole.

The series has supposedly finished now (with Myst V: End of Ages apparently wrapping things up), but as Atrus often said (and is written in D'ni around the logo on the front of the Collector's Edition of Myst V), Perhaps the ending has not yet been written.

Then again, the fact that Ubi laid off everyone except Miller himself suggests that Myst is dead.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 23-10-2005, 04:42 AM   #15
dragonLancer
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to dragonLancer

I myself have beaten the first but am working on the second... its VERY hard the first one kicked behind! the second one i have for playstation so its more complex and im hoping to get it for PC soon!

If anyone wants me I'll be in the Angry Dome!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
dragonLancer is offline                         Send a private message to dragonLancer
Old 23-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #16
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonLancer@Oct 23 2005, 04:42 AM
I myself have beaten the first but am working on the second... its VERY hard the first one kicked behind! the second one i have for playstation so its more complex and im hoping to get it for PC soon!
Hmm I finished off Myst, Riven and Exile fairly quick (about a week for each of them), but Revelation took a whole month to finish. So nr 4 was the hardest for me.
Old 23-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #17
Limetang
Forum hobbit

Edanna on Exile is confusing for me, I see the bird in the bulb, but then get lost in all the similar looking scenes.
Limetang is offline                         Send a private message to Limetang
Old 23-10-2005, 01:07 PM   #18
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Limetang@Oct 23 2005, 10:38 AM
Edanna on Exile is confusing for me, I see the bird in the bulb, but then get lost in all the similar looking scenes.
Yeah, navigating Edanna was no easy task. Still it was the prettiest age in Exile in my opinion. Voltaic was the most interesting.
Old 23-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #19
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

I've been through Myster, Riven, Exile and Revelation. My family has been playing them since the first came out, the 4 families all race to be the first to complete them.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 23-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #20
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Oct 23 2005, 03:05 PM
I've been through Myster, Riven, Exile and Revelation. My family has been playing them since the first came out, the 4 families all race to be the first to complete them.
Have you tried Myst V ? I can't play it. The copy protection of that game doesn't like my DVD+RW