Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-09-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

I've downloaded Dark Forces from CGA, but can't get it to run. I'm using DOSBox through D-Fend (because I can't understand pure DOSbox at all, I'm hopless).

Anyway, the Readme file says to run the Install.exe first, configure and save the settings, then copy Jedi.cfg from one folder to the other and run Dark.exe

Only problem is, when I run the installer and select sound setup from the menu, it goes to a screen saying "Please wait- Loading drivers" and a little spinning '/'-like symbol. After a few seconds, it just drops straight back to the main menu.

Any ideas?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 29-09-2004, 02:43 AM   #2
Spaceball

I borrowed my Original DF CD to a friend. She has XP and she sayd it works fine under XP. The only problem seems to be the music. If you have XP have you tried it without Dosbox?

cu, Spaceball
Spaceball is offline                         Send a private message to Spaceball
Old 29-09-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
aaberg
Game Wizzard

In the good old Dos days, the sound driver software where very different than today. Therfore the majority of old dosgames won't work with sound in Windows. But don't dispair. Some very clever programmers have made some driver software, that can make it work just the same. Check out the link below:

Link to the clever programmers on sourceforge.net __
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg