Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #11
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

To see a more detailed state of the targetted ship, you can do a Perceptive Scan on it, which shows the integrity of each station (Command, Tactical, etc.), the status of the weapons and defenses, and the materials carried on-board.

I managed to rout a single Skeetch warship today, using the Wave Gun III (the best money can buy) and Yikkak, the Kaynik tactical officer (who supposedly boosts damage). I had everything at level III besides that, except for the Pursuit Pods, which I don't think can be upgraded. The radar takes a little time to get used to, but I think I've figured it out: the closer the other dots are to the centre, obviously the closer the ships are to yours on the horizontal plane. Now, a brighter dot means the target's above you, whereas a fainter dot means it's below.

To beat the Skeetch warship, which still took a while, I shot a bunch of wave gun orbs at its tail whenever I could, and sustained fire soon brought areas of the target past red status (dark red, darker red and eventually black). I tried experimenting with different speed levels, hoping lower velocities would give me better maneuverability. I'm not sure if they did. Anyway, Skeetch vessels are really fast (past level III), so when my enemy decided to run, I couldn't catch it.

PS: Here are the coordinates of a planet which contains good amounts of stabilium (ship fuel, 100 credits per cubic metre) and silicon (20 credits per cubic metre, unfortunately):

066,075 <-- Highlight this if you want to be spoiled! :laugh:

According to the manual, which I can't seem to find at the moment (I had the original game), there are two super planets: one with tons of stabilium and a 'clown world' (whatever that might be). Their coordinates, unfortunately, are unknown (listed as ???,???).

Last edited by ShadowBlade; 13-05-2009 at 03:59 PM.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade