Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #1
RunWithScissors

There is a good chunk of the classics missing from almost every abandoneware database because 3D Realms still sees fit to try and sell them. How much money could they possibly make off these games? I e-mailed them with a letter asking that the games be released as abandoneware, I doubt one email will do it though. Send an e-mail to bryant@3drealms.com or just the help desk asking that the 3d realms old games be released!
If enough people do this they will release the games!
RunWithScissors is offline                         Send a private message to RunWithScissors
Old 16-03-2005, 04:01 AM   #2
Calamity
Game freak

Enough people still want these games and that means more money for the company, so I strongly doubt that all the emails in the world will make them change their minds.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 16-03-2005, 04:16 AM   #3
RunWithScissors

Quote:
Originally posted by Calamity@Mar 16 2005, 05:01 AM
Enough people still want these games and that means more money for the company, so I strongly doubt that all the emails in the world will make them change their minds.
I think you disregard the power of the consumer. They currently sell the games for 10 usd. If an angry customer decided not to buy a 3D realm game because they are being greedy with their old games than they have to sell roughly 5 old games to make up for that one customer. I would put a lot of money saying that if they received 100+ emails they would definitely release those titles. They cant be making all that much money from these games anyway...
Using your credit card can be a real hassle for some people to buy online, this is another reason why it is annoying that they haven't released the games yet. I do not have a credit card so I have no means of buying these games that does not offer too many complications. If other major companies hadnt released their titles I'm sure they would still make a little money on their older titles, but they have released them. By your logic, not completely but in part, 3D realms games have more interest than other game companies explaining why they havent released the games.
They would release them... Send an e-mail right now.
RunWithScissors is offline                         Send a private message to RunWithScissors
Old 16-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

They won't get an email from me 'bout it :bleh: I like to see that they still support their old games. Not like Sierra, who seems to want those to become a dead, forgotten part of their history. Not selling them anymore, not releasing them and having a stick up their arse when it comes to putting them up for download... that's reason to complain 'bout, but if they still sell their old games, I can only encourage that.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 16-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #5
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Right. The reason of most abandonware sites isn´t to get you a bunch of freegames in the first way. Primarily they want help that these games wo´t be forgotten so that following generations can be entertained by them, too.
I think Kon-Tiki is right. It´s a shame that companys like sierra deny their past.
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 16-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #6
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Agrees with Kon-Tiki's points, it's a sad fact when companies forget about their past, sad fact unfortunately,

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 29-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
XoutbackX

duke nukem is a realy good 3d realms game =) the orginal pc
XoutbackX is offline                         Send a private message to XoutbackX
Old 29-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XoutbackX @ Jul 29 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]245743[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
duke nukem is a realy good 3d realms game =) the orginal pc
[/b]

Oh yes Duke Nukum/Nukem (1 to 3) , and they made a remake of that game.

And I am not not talking about duke3d
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 30-07-2006, 01:00 AM   #9
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Don't dig up OLD topics.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 30-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #10
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Indeed. *lock*
Closed Thread