Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
omg
Games Master

Quote:
ONE topic regarding conspiracy, politics, sexual preferences, religion, spam... WHATEVER... is enough. When these topics spawn into all kinds of subforums, the entire forum is clogged up in topics regarding the same thing. It is really irritating for us who try to keep the forum organized.
keeping the forum organized. hmm. oh so much work. get bloody real. each topic is not bloody lead bricks on your bloody back is it. like its a manual thing. jesus bloody wept.
not that anyones going to miss me but i am out of here.
like you have to manually sort each topic? its a bloody program, all you have to do is minimall at best.
ahh well look forwards to the return of indiginous 1v evrybody. he will be well happy that i am gone.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 04-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

EDIT since this thread is still ahem I mean, nice weather we're having this evening, isn't it? Or should that be: haven't we?
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 04-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Why, for the love of everything you like, would you take so much importance in a thread in the Bla bla bla forum?

The Bla bla bla forum always been the last forum to look at for me. I usually just browse it quickly and rarely even read threads in it.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #4
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 4 2005, 08:14 PM
Quote:
ONE topic regarding conspiracy, politics, sexual preferences, religion, spam... WHATEVER... is enough. When these topics spawn into all kinds of subforums, the entire forum is clogged up in topics regarding the same thing. It is really irritating for us who try to keep the forum organized.
keeping the forum organized. hmm. oh so much work. get bloody real. each topic is not bloody lead bricks on your bloody back is it. like its a manual thing. jesus bloody wept.
not that anyones going to miss me but i am out of here.
like you have to manually sort each topic? its a bloody program, all you have to do is minimall at best.
ahh well look forwards to the return of indiginous 1v evrybody. he will be well happy that i am gone.
Uhm... yes, actually. We have to read through every single topic on this forum, to prevent profanity, muck-throwing, flaming, crap and other unwanted elements. When we suddenly get 3, 4, 5, 9 almost identical topics all of a sudden, our jobs reach a hellish level.

Believe it or not, being an admin is NOT fun at all! It is a lot of work, work we would rather be without. There isn't a single admin, who wouldn't trade his position for a "Member" account on the spot! That way, we wouldn't have ANY responsibilities at all, and could just have fun like everyone else, and leave the all the cleaning up to someone else.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Jul 4 2005, 10:23 PM
Believe it or not, being an admin is NOT fun at all! It is a lot of work, work we would rather be without. There isn't a single admin, who wouldn't trade his position for a "Member" account on the spot! That way, we wouldn't have ANY responsibilities at all, and could just have fun like everyone else, and leave the all the cleaning up to someone else.
The funny thing is - most members would trade with you...
But what sort of mods/admins would we get then (I'm considering to trade with you Tom... would you really trade ).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-07-2005, 09:19 PM   #6
omg
Games Master

i would trade. thing is i dont think this is a good reosen. clearly the mods here cant speed read.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 04-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Are you really going?

That's a big shame if you're serious, you're one of the best members here in my opinion. This forum is a bit heavily modded but al least the mods here are people who give reasons for their actions instead of banning all who question the (happens on lots of forums).
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 04-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #8
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

OMG

Don't leave us.

The mods and admins are doing their best for all of us.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 04-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #9
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Speed reading in your second language isn't easy either.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 04-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #10
lethe
Game freak

@Tom

Since "blah blah blah" don't really count anymore for the postcount, people won't have the urge to spam here. Why not leaving healthy discussions being sorted out by the users? At least for me it's fun to discuss politics and religions, knowing there are other people that won't just say "You're wrong, I'm right", that can actually argument.

Basically my suggestion is: Leaving these posts alive and well (It's only words, not like we're going to start a third world war, because we aren't really that important), and putting a sticky rule stating that if anyone feels offended by any topic, to PM some admin (or some account specially created for it), with the link to the topic and the offender. You'd just need to check the link and lock that topic/delete that specific post, in case it was actually offending. It would cut big time the work of reading every single post, and give us some freedom to discuss our opinion on important matters outside gaming.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe