Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #51
Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Ibrahim View Post
You could use private messages to give me your email, so I could email it to you. It's been a while since I edited them though, so I'd need to start anew.
Just upload it here. I think lots of other people would want to see these new events too.
Servant is offline                         Send a private message to Servant
Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #52
peyre
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Skype™ to peyre

I know I'm coming in on this discussion a little late, but I've bought an old copy of the game. I'm planning to scan the manual and make it into a PDF. Is anyone still interested in a copy of the game manual?
peyre is offline                         Send a private message to peyre
Old 11-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #53
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyre View Post
I know I'm coming in on this discussion a little late, but I've bought an old copy of the game. I'm planning to scan the manual and make it into a PDF. Is anyone still interested in a copy of the game manual?
Yes, we are. I will send you the FTP Access.
Old 13-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #54
Al-Ibrahim

Quote:
I would certainly be interested.
Al-Ibrahim is offline                         Send a private message to Al-Ibrahim
Old 13-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #55
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Excellent!

Wonderful--I hoped I wasn't coming in so late that everyone had moved on. Now I just have to do the actual scanning, which is the hard part--if only I could borrow a book scanner! But hopefully I can press the manual down hard enough to get good scans without breaking the binding.

Update: I've finished scanning the manual, plus the Strategy Grid that came with the game. Now the readme on the patch points out some important corrections to the manual, so I thought I'd create a manual with the corrections etc., and maybe also a straight copy of the original. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Last edited by peyre; 16-12-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Added update
Old 16-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #56
Al-Ibrahim

Probably best to just get a link up to the patch on the main site, which comes with the readme.
Al-Ibrahim is offline                         Send a private message to Al-Ibrahim
Old 16-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #57
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Game Manual

Oh shoot! Now that I've modified all the images necessary to make the updated manual...

Well, I know I'll still want the updated version, and the hard work's already done. I'll build both of them, but I'll upload the original as the main manual. I'll also make a copy of the Strategy Grid that came with the game (and updates the Strategy Grids in the manual).

Update: Ok, I built the pdf, but it's 57MB--need to trim down the resolution on the scanned images so I can make this a manageable size.

Update: I've redone the manual and it's down to 8MB. But now I'm having trouble uploading it. I've sent TotalAnarchy a message to let him know.

Last edited by peyre; 17-12-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Added Update
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #58
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Game Manual

Any word on getting the manual posted on the game's listing, TotalAnarchy? It's been uploaded to the FTP site for some time now, but I don't see it when I pull up the game on the main site.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #59
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Any word on getting the manual posted on the game's listing, TotalAnarchy? It's been uploaded to the FTP site for some time now, but I don't see it when I pull up the game on the main site.
I shall upload it either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. However is it necessary to upload both versions?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #60
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Game Manual

Thanks for responding so fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
I shall upload it either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. However is it necessary to upload both versions?
No, not really. I just uploaded both so you'd have the option to include whichever you thought best. I do think it's important, though, to include the Strategy Grid--it's two important tables that override the ones in either copy of the manual.