Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #41
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Thank you, I can see that now.
Javascript, PHP, URI encoding, URL encoding, not talking to each other in the same computer language... bleh. As I said though, a learning process.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone check "The 7th Legion" or "Seventh Legion" with the dummy accounts? It doesn't really matter in the long run, just interesting to me.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 06-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #42
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

It's a learning vacuum. I've read a 1000-page PHP instruction and forgot approximately 999 pages. For HTML, JavaScript and CSS I always use references. I should at least start a notebook for the problem solutions I reach, but I'm to unorganised to do that.

I did only check "7th Legion, The", "7th Legion%27 The" and "%37th Legion" (for an unlikely problem with a beginning cypher). I didn't think of that the game could have been "The 7th Legion". Another cause could be a wrong relation between screenshot and game, but that is unlikely.
Old 25-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #43
slx
Abandonia nerd

and today again i entered the correct answer and the 'quiz master' didn't accept it...

'Why do you make me feel denied?
Always pushing me aside
You do not decide what's wrong or right
TELL ME
WHY am I feeling so much pressure?
Am I searching for the answer?
I'm running out of time
And I hope that I get what I wanted

This time's for real
Is there anything I wanted?
Is there anything I needed?'

Ill Nińo - This time's for real
slx is offline                         Send a private message to slx
Old 25-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #44
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slx View Post
and today again i entered the correct answer and the 'quiz master' didn't accept it...
It'd really help to solve the issue if you could tell'em what the problem was. What you typed in, wether there were other formats offered in the alternate box, what is abandonia's format of the title etc.
Old 25-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #45
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
It'd really help to solve the issue if you could tell'em what the problem was. What you typed in, wether there were other formats offered in the alternate box, what is abandonia's format of the title etc.
I like the daily quiz. I even made a tool to help me find answers I don't know take less time.

Okay. In my case, since I get these "wrong" with the same frequency as the rest who are told they have given the incorrect answer, I'll play along.

For every daily screenshot quiz, I follow these steps:
- Find the game page on site
- double check the screenshot vs. the main page
- select and copy the text from the game's title on the individual game page
- paste the copied name into the quiz form text field
- wait for the drop down response
- verify the correct response matches what I have pasted exactly
- select the response from the list
- verify the response now filled in by the auto-response list matches what I have pasted exactly (since the copy is already in my buffer, it is pasted in a new text window and verified)
- hover my mouse over the submit button
- lean my head back, close my eyes and begin typing things furiously at random until eventually the keyboard buffer overflows or the 'enter' key is pressed
- hope and pray the answer for the day is, by some act of other worldly power, correct

'...Being a bastard works.'
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 25-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #46
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid View Post
I like the daily quiz. I even made a tool to help me find answers I don't know take less time.

Okay. In my case, since I get these "wrong" with the same frequency as the rest who are told they have given the incorrect answer, I'll play along.

For every daily screenshot quiz, I follow these steps:
- Find the game page on site
- double check the screenshot vs. the main page
- select and copy the text from the game's title on the individual game page
- paste the copied name into the quiz form text field
- wait for the drop down response
- verify the correct response matches what I have pasted exactly
- select the response from the list
- verify the response now filled in by the auto-response list matches what I have pasted exactly (since the copy is already in my buffer, it is pasted in a new text window and verified)
- hover my mouse over the submit button
- lean my head back, close my eyes and begin typing things furiously at random until eventually the keyboard buffer overflows or the 'enter' key is pressed
- hope and pray the answer for the day is, by some act of other worldly power, correct

'...Being a bastard works.'
Thanks for the guide, Dungeon Master (or Master Yoda??? )!

May the Force be with you!
Old 25-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #47
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Thanks for the guide, Dungeon Master (or Master Yoda??? )!

May the Force be with you!
I think, making fun of me, you are. Worry, do not. Okay though, it is, master I am not. With you too may the force be, young jedi. Come, a time will, in the future, need it, you will. Yes, hmmm.

Seriously, I think I may have found a possible cause. Look at the dropdown (entered info today) and tell me there isn't a difference between what I am supposed to be seeing and what actually shows ( Ber muda Triangle). When you select it, it pops in okay, but...
Old 26-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #48
dynomutt

Quote:
I think, making fun of me, you are. Worry, do not. Okay though, it is, master I am not. With you too may the force be, young jedi. Come, a time will, in the future, need it, you will. Yes, hmmm.

Seriously, I think I may have found a possible cause. Look at the dropdown (entered info today) and tell me there isn't a difference between what I am supposed to be seeing and what actually shows ( Ber muda Triangle). When you select it, it pops in okay, but...
Hi there,

I was looking over the forums and I saw your reply. I'm confused -- you were trying to enter Bermuda Syndrome as the correct answer for today's quiz and it was telling you it was incorrect?

Maybe I misread your post but Bermuda Syndrome was yesterday's answer. Today's answer is .... well, I had problems with today's answer as well since .... instead of a "/" in the middle of the name, Abandonia uses a "-" in the middle of the name. (If you try to enter a name with a "\" or a "/", you get an error.)

If I'm off track here .... just ignore the post.
dynomutt is offline                         Send a private message to dynomutt
Old 28-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #49
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default For whoever's sake

If they want me to just not come here anymore, just block my IP.
Today's failure brought to you by the name of the doctor who fixed the leg of the chump who shot and killed Abe Lincoln. This is the same guy who was eventually surrounded by Union soldiers, and shot by a guy whose first name is the capital of Massachusetts, USA. He died on the porch of a farm that had the same name as the character of the Thief series of video games.

The link points to a site for Thief. The first paragraph mentions Jerry, that's me. Do a search for "loothrough" on Google. It's a walkthrough that shows you where all the loot is in a level. Big deal.

Last edited by Ohne Mitleid; 28-05-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 28-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #50
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Quote:
If they want me to just not come here anymore, just block my IP.
Today's failure brought to you by the chump who shot and killed Abe Lincoln.
Hmmm... Maybe because the system is really teasing you... It is really mean, ugly and dirty, right? Meanie!