Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
The King of Spain

Send a message via MSN to The King of Spain Send a message via Yahoo to The King of Spain

This is probably a very stupid question, and I'm sorry if it's been answered before. I've had a look around the trobleshooting archives and can't see it. I'm not too hot with computers, you see.

When I try to install some of the games once I've downloaded them (specificly Cannon Fodder and Master of Orion), I get asked which disk drive I want to install them on ( usualy 'A' 'B' and sometimes 'other'). However, since I'm not installing them from a disc, but from my hard drive where I downloaded and unzipped them, I don't know what to do . :crazy:

Great site by the way, and apologies again k:

Old 16-08-2005, 01:38 AM   #2
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

You don't usually have to install them. Do not try anything like that. Use the install program only to setup sound/graphics. Usualy you can just run the executable of the game to run the game.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 16-08-2005, 05:08 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Or, if you really want to install them, you could always mount the directory of the install files as A:\ or B:\ .
Old 16-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
Gamefreak

Usually, even if you want to install them on differen drive (for which reason ever you would want to do that), they can't be installed. This is the case with Cannon Fodder, it creates a folder when installed, but quits with an error, because there are no files that are needed for extraction as the game is already installed.

Old 16-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
The King of Spain

Send a message via MSN to The King of Spain Send a message via Yahoo to The King of Spain

Thanks k:
Old 16-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #6

im trying to play the wolf game but i cant find the executable can u plz help me