Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Falls
Forum hobbit

I am coming to see more and more that there is something wrong with Cd Access. I was randomly searching on Google when I found a forum on another website that found that CD access put out a bad cd. I may be wrong, so here is the site
Falls is offline                         Send a private message to Falls
Old 07-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Apparently this was a bad production run of the title. Nothing to do with CDAccess themselves as far as I can tell.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kingdom Falls @ Aug 7 2007, 12:21 AM) [snapback]303264[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am coming to see more and more that there is something wrong with Cd Access. I was randomly searching on Google when I found a forum on another website that found that CD access put out a bad cd. I may be wrong, so here is the site
[/b]
Yeah this is a known bug from a series. Th

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 07-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There IS something wrong with CDAccess, they're slow as hell, and many of the titles don't even have a manual or a proper jewel case.

Bite me, I'm not paying $30 for some damn ten year old game when you're not even going to give me the proper package.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 07-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Falls
Forum hobbit

OK then, even though that was a known bug from the series, there are many other discrepancies of the site. For one: they sell games that came only in boxes, IN ZIPLOC bags. They sell games in jewel cases where no jewel case version was made. They don't even tell what the games are being shipped in in some cases. They sell games that were made before they ever went into business, such as Civilization in the cases in which they were not ever officially sold in. I have to wonder why there are all of these discrepancies.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

why don't you ask them?
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If they have anything to hide (like producing illicit copies to sell or buying ones from someone), would they ever answer honestly?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Falls
Forum hobbit

I agree. The best information we have to go from right now(unless someone from the site comes along with their purchasing information) is inferences and deep searching. By looking at the data that we do have, we will be able to see the discrepancies and find out if they are going about their business inappropriately.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #9
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Oh no... CDAccess used to be one of our most referred source for looking if a game was still sold.

And now they take us in?! :angry:
Old 09-08-2007, 09:38 AM   #10
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 8 2007, 09:21 AM) [snapback]303523[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If they have anything to hide (like producing illicit copies to sell or buying ones from someone), would they ever answer honestly?
[/b]

then let the FBI ask them or where ever they are stationed...

or maybe ask the companies (if they still exist or copyright holders) about this issue.

i mean how can anyone be sure for example there was no jewel case game or some type? i guess it depends on publisher, but from my experiences a lot of times even the people that work in certain organisation dont' really knwo what is selling there (if the organisation is big enough).

still the whole thing looks kind of fishy to me. it was actually strange form the beginning when i was first referred to them. i mean only one shop would buy all remaining coppies and then sell them. not only that, but they also re-stock eventhough copies are officially not produced anymore?!?!? how can you re-stock?

i mean even i can't get the part if it's not produced anymnore or taken out of the production. if no one else is making it then we sell the final stock and that's it. when it's gone is gone. a painful experience for my customers with 17 years old maschines they got very attached and used to and don't really want to change them. originals are gone, you might be able to get an illegal copy on the market (funny how no one is bringing the spotlight to counterfiting products - i guess we need more celebrities or something)
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor