Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

#1 could be Dink Smallwood.
Old 27-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
Ultimate Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
#1 could be Dink Smallwood.
Not it, either, but that is a good game. The graphics weren't that good, I don't think. Nor did it had that pseudo-3D feel.
Ultimate Carl is offline                         Send a private message to Ultimate Carl
Old 27-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #13
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

There is another game I wanted to suggest, but I can't remember the name.

It was a very cheesy game, could not stand it. It had something to do with hex or hexagon in it's name, and it's a dark and forgotten game.
Old 27-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #14
Ultimate Carl

Quote:
There is another game I wanted to suggest, but I can't remember the name.

It was a very cheesy game, could not stand it. It had something to do with hex or hexagon in it's name, and it's a dark and forgotten game.
That doesn't ring any bells... The only thing that makes me think of is Hexen, but that's an FPS. And also not cheesy.
Ultimate Carl is offline                         Send a private message to Ultimate Carl
Old 27-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #15
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I remember it now. It was Hexplore.
Old 27-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #16
Ultimate Carl

Quote:
I remember it now. It was Hexplore.
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said cheesy, huh? Still, it looks like it could be amusing for a little while. I'm sad to say this isn't it, either. This looks too new... Also I remember controlling only one character.
Old 28-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #17
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i don't know how the game itself is but on the screenshots it actually looks kinda fun
Old 28-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #18
Ultimate Carl

Good news! Using the MobyGames browser, I found out what #3 is! It's Take No Prisoners.

No such luck for the other two, even using the browser... Ah well!
Old 28-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #19
Ultimate Carl

I just found #2. The game is called 3D Dudes. The developer seems to have dropped off of the face of the planet, and all internet downloads seem to be only the shareware version. Although according to most sources, that's for the best since this apparently was an absolutely atrocious game. Still, I remember it from my childhood and it makes me sad that I can't dig up the full version... Or run it with Vista.

#1... I don't know. It COULD be Wraith I'm thinking of. But... Even after playing the shareware I'm not absolutely certain. How stupid is that? I can remember playing a game, but I don't even know if this is the same one. Maybe I made the game up. I don't know, this SEEMS to have similar gameplay and a similar inventory system... And the character creation seems familiar (then again, I played pretty much every one of the games on these "1000+ Great Games!" CDs, so a lot of stuff is familiar), but I could've sworn that the game I'm thinking of has larger sprites for characters and is a top-down view, not this pseudo-3D stuff. I also remember it being more... Cave-like. And fighting some kind of green enemy, though I can't remember if it was a lizard, an orc, or something else entirely. I'll try to find a full version of this and play it a bit more, but in the meantime feel free to make more suggestions.

Also, thanks for the previous guesses guys.
Old 28-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #20
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Carl View Post
#1... I don't know. It COULD be Wraith I'm thinking of. But... Even after playing the shareware I'm not absolutely certain. How stupid is that? I can remember playing a game, but I don't even know if this is the same one. Maybe I made the game up. I don't know, this SEEMS to have similar gameplay and a similar inventory system... And the character creation seems familiar (then again, I played pretty much every one of the games on these "1000+ Great Games!" CDs, so a lot of stuff is familiar), but I could've sworn that the game I'm thinking of has larger sprites for characters and is a top-down view, not this pseudo-3D stuff. I also remember it being more... Cave-like. And fighting some kind of green enemy, though I can't remember if it was a lizard, an orc, or something else entirely. I'll try to find a full version of this and play it a bit more, but in the meantime feel free to make more suggestions.
Hmm, what about WarWizard? It was released for Ms-Dos also.
Link1
Link2 (click on the screenshot for more details)
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty