Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #41
JA fan

What level are you talking about? Right now I am at L15 and everything is still working. I suppose I haven't seen the level you have mentioned.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #42
DakaSha

ok for the guys who want to play the game and cant find the cd-rom

if you installed the game to "e:\games\Deadly Games"

1. open the cd.rom file with notepad

2. get rid of that D

3. type "e:\games\Deadly Games" (yeah it works with windows style folders)

4. open the EXE

you can now kill

hey anybody want to have a multiplayer battle? i downloaded it for that reason only and cant find anyone to play with

Old 12-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #43
M07hM4n

I do want to have a multiplayer battle

If you have msn add me: mothman@mailshack.com

Anyone also interested in JA 2, or even making some mods contact me too :P

Old 13-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #44
DakaSha
Forum hobbit

i think the whole multiplayer battle thing aint gonna work out... there is only a modem option which as far as i know cant be used as a TCP connection.. correct me if im wrong cause im a stupid sonava...
DakaSha is offline                         Send a private message to DakaSha
Old 17-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #45
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by DSmidgy@Mar 25 2005, 04:57 PM
Aren't all maps editable with mission editor?

Try to find the right map and remove the mine.
yes they are editable for mission maps, but not all of them are editable and you have to beat the mission first before you can edit it
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 19-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #46
DakaSha
Forum hobbit

hey i need some help.
and bad cause im impulsive as a ...i dont know give me an example

anyways... i found a friend who wants to play this game in network multiplay but we have a problem:

if i want to lead or join a game everythings fine... if i lead i get the game setup window and if i join well... nothing happens because nobody is leading a game but it trys.

now:
if my friend trys to lead or join it says: setting up network for a while then it says network problems - try again (or something like that)

his network is fine.. we play magic the gathering and master of orion 2 ALOT... without problems..(well except with MOO2 but you all know why )

we both use XP

the only thing that was different on his system so far is that when i wanted to start the game up the first time on his (laptop) computer it said something about needing the AUTOEXEC.NT file... i copied that into his system32 folder and it worked...
when i restarted his computer it disapeared... so i put it in again and marked it as read only... so it stayed next time...

i read the AUTOEXEC.NT file and it says something about network bla bla... thats why i thought it might have something to do with it.

ok... i know i have problems getting my point across so if any whiz kid computer freak hacker guy wants to help me but needs more info just ask... thanks in advance.

**EDIT**

i installed DosBox on my friends computer and he can now lead or join games
but that doesnt help because i cant use dosbox (im running a P2 400... i know...pathetic)

thought id just tell ya.. its pretty obvios that it has something to do with dos and all
DakaSha is offline                         Send a private message to DakaSha
Old 15-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #47
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

I noticed, that this game is not patched to version 1.13z.
You can download the pathch here.

I also cracked the patch, so you don't have to mount the cd-rom in DOSBox. Only editing CD.ROM file is required. I the admins want th cracked 1.13 version DG.EXE file - contact me.
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 14-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #48
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Download has been re-instated

Enjoy.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #49
Landeraxe

Quote:
Originally posted by DakaSha@May 19 2005, 11:35 PM
hey i need some help.
and bad cause im impulsive as a ...i dont know give me an example

anyways... i found a friend who wants to play this game in network multiplay but we have a problem:

if i want to lead or join a game everythings fine... if i lead i get the game setup window and if i join well... nothing happens because nobody is leading a game but it trys.

now:
if my friend trys to lead or join it says: setting up network for a while then it says network problems - try again (or something like that)

his network is fine.. we play magic the gathering and master of orion 2 ALOT... without problems..(well except with MOO2 but you all know why )

we both use XP

the only thing that was different on his system so far is that when i wanted to start the game up the first time on his (laptop) computer it said something about needing the AUTOEXEC.NT file... i copied that into his system32 folder and it worked...
when i restarted his computer it disapeared... so i put it in again and marked it as read only... so it stayed next time...

i read the AUTOEXEC.NT file and it says something about network bla bla... thats why i thought it might have something to do with it.

ok... i know i have problems getting my point across so if any whiz kid computer freak hacker guy wants to help me but needs more info just ask... thanks in advance.

**EDIT**

i installed DosBox on my friends computer and he can now lead or join games
but that doesnt help because i cant use dosbox (im running a P2 400... i know...pathetic)

thought id just tell ya.. its pretty obvios that it has something to do with dos and all
FYI, this game works only over an IPX network. Basically you have to be on a LAN where you enable IPX on both stations (can run simulataneously with TCP/IP so it won't hurt your network functionality) but with no level 3 network devices (routers) seperating you (i.e.; you must be on the same subnet as IPX does not bridge subnets) OR dial up using a RAS connection over the modem using IPX as one of the protocols installed on both machines.

A little technical I know, but it is important that you know that the game just won't work over a TCP/IP connection.

Old 13-09-2005, 03:02 AM   #50
the dude

really good game, but imo i like the original jagged alliance better. this one adds only a few things like 10 mercs, about 5 new weapons (but 2 of em are pistols...).. but thing that is annoying is that there are turn limits. makes it seem like a puzzle game..

but still fantastic game man, but ja2 owns ALL :whistle: