Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-01-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Sal
Game Wizzard

Thumbs down Questions

To the 5th Horseman...I understand how boring it must be for you to answer questions from people like me who genuinely don't know this stuff(ref protection of games)...If you find it so bad why not let someone else do it..AS to sorting through all forums on this new site to find this information...I simply don't have the time to do that..I thought sharing information was part of what this site was about .....SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What question in particular are you asking? Otherwise maybe this is better said in a PM to our lovely 5th Horseman.

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it
Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 AM   #3
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default Questions

Yes Lulu Jane...I agree The fifth Horseman has been extremely nice (past tense) but something tells me he may not be taking his antidepressants (which he told us he was on recently..to combat the stress of his work on the site and the strain of answering questions from complete morons who should know everything without having to be told).....SAL
Old 04-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well, you know, that's what here are the sticky threads for - to answer the question new people might get, they all contain information you need. But if you don't have the time to read them through, why do you think someone would take his time to write all that bulky information down for you in this thread?
If you come to a new forum, you're usually expected to read through all the sticky threads that are pinned there just for you, so that you know the rules of the forum and all that, before starting to post around. This forum is no exception, you know
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I understand how boring it must be for you to answer questions from people like me who genuinely don't know this stuff(ref protection of games)...
Not boring, simply pointless. That topic has been locked because we keep getting that question over and over about every two weeks (on average).

Quote:
If you find it so bad why not let someone else do it..
Because nobody in their right mind would want to?

Quote:
AS to sorting through all forums on this new site to find this information...I simply don't have the time to do that..I thought sharing information was part of what this site was about .....SAL
I'm not telling you to sort through all the forums to find something. You might want to use the search feature more often, though, since it takes less time to find the answers using it than it takes to get them after posting new topics.

Quote:
who should know everything without having to be told
Nobody says they should - just knowing how to use the forum search would be more than enough for most.

Please take note that a simple search brings out several topics on the subject you were asking for - and the answer in under a minute.
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15713
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=13864
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12010
None of these are even in the Games Discussion forum, where the same question has been asked in most topics for protected/sold games.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
Sal
Game Wizzard

Thumbs up Questions

To the Fifth Horseman..........Many thanks for your reply..I have looked at the information you sent and found the answers to my questions.Please be assured that the work you do is appreciated. I am continually in jaw dropping awe of the amount of knowledge about computer games DOS and others that you guys have. I love the DOS game genre but have little or no understanding of the legal and technical implications of running a site like Abandonia.By answering my questions and the questions of others like me you are helping us to get an idea of what keeping this site up and running entails.......SAL