Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There is something freaky going on in the mansion and only one person can find out whats happening in there. That person is...Dylan Dog. Dylan Dog is an italian comic book charachter created by Tiziano Sclavi. He is an investigator specialized in supernatural things.

The player has to control Dylan trough the mansion, kill zombies and solve puzzles. Its basically jumping-adventure game mix. Unfortunately, Dylan fails in both areas. Jumping and walking is really sticky. Its like Dylan has been dipped in a bottle of glue. Luckily there arent any jumping puzzles in the game. Speaking of puzzles, they are waaayyy too simple. Its just bringing items to right location and stuff like that.

Also, with the simple puzzles, Dylan has a life meter. He has, unbelivably, 666 hit points. Altough the zombies can easily do damage to Dylan, he can deal with them easily with his gun.

But there are good sides in the game: Music and graphics. Graphics are nice and the cut-sceens are cool. There is blood, bodyparts, paintings and furniture all around the mansion. They all make a great "trapped-in" athmosphere and the music just makes it more stronger.

Overall: I tried to like Dylan Dog, but i couldnt. With simple puzzles, sticky gameplay and easy combat, this game only gets 2 points from me.

Good:
+Graphics
+Music
+HorrorDetective athmosphere
Bad:
-Simple puzzles
-Waaaayy too simple puzzles
-Sticky controls
-Easy combat

Controls: Numeric keys will move Dylan. Pushing the seven or eight while near the stairs will make him go up or down. If you push seven or eight when Dylan is not near the stairs, Dylan will jump. Pushing the 1 or 3 will make Dylan run. Button 2 is for ducking, button 8 is for jumping up, going trought doors and other stuff. Space brings the inventory and status screen and left shift is the attack button.

- TheChosen

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 04-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kosta @ Oct 6 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]259850[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Good:
+Graphics
+Music
+HorrorDetective athmosphere
Bad:
-Simple puzzles
-Waaaayy too simple puzzles
-Sticky controls
-Easy combat
[/b]
Yep I have to agree.

I never understood how the inventory works. Can you really carry only one thing at the time?

Seeing the screenshots really brought me to downloading the game but when I started it... No, sorry.

It's hardly enjoyable.