Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
Evad
Game freak

I can't get over how awesome this game is. Sure the interface takes a little time to get used to, but the story, and the ambiance pay dividends far exceeding any of the complaints that that may produce. I can't get over how they can make a great game like this on a 16 bit machine, and yet still manage to produce lemons on ps2.

Just my take on consoles, as I haven't played them seriously since I got my computer, but I always had fond memories of this gem of a game. I highly suggest any of you out there that haven't played it to either buy it. Or conversly,you could get some software to try it. In this respect I may be able to assist you with links, although a simple search on Google will surfice.

@admins, If this over steps any policies feel free to edit my post.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 11-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Not quite blahx3...
Old 11-11-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Shadowrun is good.
No more, no less.
Otherwise I never truly felt for it, it gets a bit irratating at times, and the dialouge is at certain places, boring.

Certainly a good game, but not as great as Chrono Trigger or FF3.
If you haven't played it yet, I suggest you try ActRaiser, nothing like Shadowrun, but it's a interesting combination of a platform game, and a strategy game.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 11-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Ah Shadowrun for the snes, classic game, great story, just a good all around game, really was a fun play for me, just the times when ya had to hack things wasn't done that well, the genesis version I think is also good of shadowrun, especially the virtual reality sections, definitely not the greatest game on the snes for sure something like FF VI or Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, and so on.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 11-11-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
Evad
Game freak

This game was the introduction for me into the cyber-punk genre. I suppose that may be the draw for me. The music is really catchy too though I'd like to add. Anyone have access to fallout tactics? I remember seeing it a few years back, but I can't seem to find it.
@ danny, I knew it wasn't 3xblah, but I missed you and just wanted to touch base...how you doing buddy? :bye:
Old 11-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have all the Fallout games in existence, including the crappy ones for the consoles.
I played Shadowrun on the Genesis, I really don't know the difference between the SNES one, because I never played that version.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 12-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The SNES version was better overall, but the Genesis version had the best Matrix play. Basically, if you wanted to play a powergamer (with still a good challenge) you play the SNES version, if you want to be a hacker play the Genesis version.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:34 AM   #8
Mr.Snuggles
Game freak

Both were very good! But I was very scared of both of them. In the first one, sometimes a message pops up and says "You see a flash of light and then a person looking at you. Then walks away." Scares me big time. The SNES version also scares me. I walk in a house with just doors everywhere. I step in one, a Hitman is there, I kill him with a gun. Scary!!!!
Mr.Snuggles is offline                         Send a private message to Mr.Snuggles
Old 12-11-2005, 02:40 AM   #9
Evad
Game freak

I've heard rumours of programs that you can use to play these games on your computer...dunno for sure though.... :whistle:
Old 12-11-2005, 02:51 AM   #10
Oberon

I too Love Shadowrun, i've read so many books of the Shadowrun series, they are not as good as Gibson's Cyberpunk books e.x. Neuromancer, but what i like is the influence of Magic and Tech. devices
I've played the snes version 10 or 11 years ago and was really addicted to it at this time.. I've also played the Original Shadowrun RPG with some friends, for a couple of years.

I would suggest to read at least one of the books from the SR series before you play the game, otherwise the game could become a "bit irratating"
Oberon is offline                         Send a private message to Oberon