Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-09-2004, 03:55 PM   #1
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yesterday the new website was supposed to launch for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. What actually happened was that they posted a newsitem on their mainpage that told you some magazine would do an article on them. No screenshots no news nothing.
I know these people are getting paid by the magazine for this and I understand that they need money just as bad as the rest of us. What I do object to is all the senseless hype they spin our way without even giving us anything for it in return. Of course we will get our screenshots eventually but I could have done with the headtrip they gave us.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 10-09-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Heh
For some reason I felt this was going to be about Oblivion before I even opened the thread.
Yeh, its a real bummer if you were actually looking forward to it.
On the forums I made fun of the people who would stay up all night waiting for the screen to change (not just from 1 to 0, but also from 8 to 7 to 6 to 5...) so they could then rush to the forums to debate about it.
(I got quite a few angry pm's about that one )

Anyway, they could have atleast moved the countdown to some time later (8 days before the release of the magazine)
that way we'd actually be getting something (or be able to get something)
but instead we got a countdown to a magazine (that isn't available in some parts of europe) which isn't even released yet!
Old 10-09-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
FreeFreddy

That's typically - money rules the world... :not_ok:

Old 10-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #4
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Oh heaven!
I jsut read the the early FAQ on the forum.
Before I was just mildly annoyed by the trickery, but now they're just being arrogant!

Quote:
I live in another country, what do I do? Can someone post scans of the article for me?* * We will not allow anyone to post links or pass along information on where to see scanned copies of the article or screenshots. We will not allow anyone to post the entire contents of the article. It’s against the law and we will do our part to keep that from happening on these forums, no exceptions. If you post that information, it will be deleted. Posting quotes from the article for discussion purposes is fine. That means one or two sentences, at most, not a whole page.* * Sorry, we know we have a lot of overseas fans that want to read the info and see the screens, but you'll just have to wait a couple weeks. It also wouldn’t hurt to send a letter to your favorite gaming magazine(s) letting them know you demand they do a cover story on Oblivion. Let them know how many folks want to hear about this game. After all, they cover what people want to read about, and that includes you.
This coming from the PR-guy
Congrats, you just managed to piss off almsot every fan who lives in "another country"
God, did this man study his subject, or did he just win a contest where, when you shoved enough gummybears up your a-... nose ( :angel: ) you get the PR-job

"yeah, YOU can write letters to gaming magazines so THEY can supply you with info about OUR game, don't forget to buy our overpriced merchandise on your way out"
Old 10-09-2004, 07:09 PM   #5
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Arrow

YEAH, they SUCK. Asslicking moneypullers. :bleh:
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 10-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #6
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Not that I would have bought that magazine anyway but I can't buy it here, no. It is a shame when software companies sell out. They don't take their fans seriously and that always hurts sales. For people who have this happening to them enough it will eventually be to much and they will no longer go looking for the game and eventually forget about it. They might still buy it when they see it in a store but then again they might have lost interrest all together and that means less money for the software company this all started with.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 19-09-2004, 08:19 PM   #7
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

okay
they've been out ofr some time now but I never found them... until now
the scans of the magazine containing to special preview:
bear in mind these 'scans' (they're actually pictures made with a digital camera) were made by an absolute idiot who appears to be suffering from parkinson in both hands... so don't blaim me for the strange 'scans'
anyway, ehre they are:
TES IV: Oblivion scans
Old 19-09-2004, 08:21 PM   #8
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Looks good.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 19-09-2004, 08:31 PM   #9
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Yearh, looks pretty amazing.!
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 19-09-2004, 08:31 PM   #10
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

looks good?
no, good is the word you use when desribing the graphics seen in Unreal Tournament 2004.
this is VERY nice