Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #41
Elan

Mouse u are my god! i would have never thought of thigs you say. i was bored for many hours trying to figure out how to get my beloved sim tower to work! and u did it for me. Thanks again.
Elan.

Old 17-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #42
Elan
Thumbs up

:blink: AAAh! mouse i need your help, my Sim Tower was working fine yesterday, but then when i woke up today i got the same error: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. They system file is not suitable for runninh MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
im using windows xp. i did what u said with moving the autoexec.nt from my repair folder to my system32 folder and it was working fine yesterday. but it seems the file autoexec.nt has bin deleted. i tried to run a search for it and nothing came up. u got any idea what i can do or how i can get another copy of that file?
HEEEELP :help:
THANKS,
Elan

Old 17-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #43
mouse31e
Games Master

Ok.

Maybe I should have been clearer but you probably should have copied rather than moved.

First, download this file here. You will need to right click on the link and "save target as". Hopefully this will work. It seems to be a fairly standard file.

Then, if you have anti-virus or spyware blocking software run them both to check there is nothing affecting your computer. I think malware (adware/spyware) is the most likely thing to have deleted the file.

Third, Make sure you have a backup of the file.

Fourth, post here so I can take the file off the server!
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 17-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #44
Elan
Cool! Thanks again Mouse. I made plenty of copys of the file so i should be fine if it ever deletes again. My sim tower is working great.
Thanks
Elan :Brain:

Old 01-02-2005, 11:58 AM   #45
Sn0w

this is like the bad version of battle chess was there not another battle chess where the graphics are alot better???? its also for dos and its abandoned I bet you anything
Sn0w is offline                         Send a private message to Sn0w
Old 01-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #46
Kerebear

Send a message via MSN to Kerebear

I used to love this game when I was a kid...of course I didn't know how to play chess, but it didn't matter at the time. I still don't but I'm going to download it and learn to play.
Kerebear is offline                         Send a private message to Kerebear
Old 04-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #47
Homestar Runner
Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to Homestar Runner Send a message via AIM to Homestar Runner

Quote:

Quote:
(BUFFY @ Nov 17 2004, 10:32 PM)
Nope, definitely requires Windows. Anyone know how to get into 'Standard Mode'?*
I don't know whether you can. You would need a program to emulate Windows 3.1 or alternatively install Windows 3.1 on your computer, but that might be a bit excessive for the sake of a few sounds. I don't know of any software that runs under windows that will emulate windows 3.1.

Sorry to get technical but Standard mode was the way Windows 3.1 set up the memory for 80286 systems. Enhanced mode was for 80386 systems but at the time most people were using standard mode as it ran much quicker than enhanced mode - presumably why Interplay chose to leave the sound out of enhanced mode.

If anyone knows of easy-to-use software that will emulate Windows 3.1 Standard Mode that would be good cause we can all get the sound up and running but otherwise I'd just enjoy the fantastic animations and get by without the sound.

first off. to emulate win 3.1, you NEED a copy of it. then just download Microsoft Virtual Pc trial, or VMWARE, and you are set. just start up the machine, install windows, and tri BC.

i have not had a chance to install battle chess so i am not sure if this will work. i have installed windows 3.1 however and it works fine with my yamaha s/card and Nvdia Geforce Chip. k: :w00t:
Old 04-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #48
Torfkopp

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerebear@Feb 1 2005, 01:37 PM
I used to love this game when I was a kid...of course I didn't know how to play chess, but it didn't matter at the time.* I still don't but I'm going to download it and learn to play.
There's a "Battle Chess 2" on AMIGA I don't know a BC2 for PC ... I didn't even know a BC1 for PC ^^° If you'll get an AMIGA-Emulator and the BC2-ADF then you could play it ... got both, but I can't send you, cause it's forbidden LOL

Old 04-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #49
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I loved this game on Amiga. I didnt care about the chess that time. I just wanted to see the animation.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 04-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #50
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by xoopx@Dec 30 2004, 08:27 AM
haha i remember this from back in the days. but i hate chess. i dont need my losing pieces rubbed in my face either.

whoever made this game should sue that harry potter author for ripping off their idea.
then a bunch of other people should sue her for ripping their stuff of as well.
and Lewis Carroll, too! that chess stuff is totally ripped from Through The Looking Glass, and is highly reminiscent of battlechess, yeah.

Hee, one of the few competitions I've won was for playing lightning chess at the Richmondshire Chess Festival. It's still in my parents' lounge
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone