Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any know any excellent p2p programs. There are a lot to choose from. I used to use Kazaa Lite, until you had to pay for it. Then I switched to Shareaza. Shareaza is good, but most of its search results come off eDonkey 2000, which are always long waits, and huge queue lines. I was thinking maybe Limewire or Morpheus, but buth boast pay versions that offer "no ads and faster speeds!"

Basicly what i'm looking for is a p2p program that has excellent file searching, without having any monthly payments, or spyware.

Any ideas?
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 06-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Limewire is your savior. GET IT. I've been using it for month and uh... "got" about a few hundred songs. Excellet speed, no ads or payment (well, on the free version). The free version give everything you need. Best song download program ever.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 06-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Is Limewire ONLY for songs? Im mainly looking for one that'd work good for ISO's. (Love having games on CD, so ISO's are perfect for abandonware CD's, and I will NOT go to ....that site. "French Smooch"...you know the name.)
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 06-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Sep 6 2005, 08:22 PM
Is Limewire ONLY for songs? Im mainly looking for one that'd work good for ISO's. (Love having games on CD, so ISO's are perfect for abandonware CD's, and I will NOT go to ....that site. "French Smooch"...you know the name.)
Limewire can be used to download things larger than ISOs. It's also free, unless you want the improves "pro" version, which you need to buy (of course you could just downlaod limewire pro off limewire...).
I'd advise torrents as the best way to downlaod ISOs. I would post some links to torrent sites but as I've just removed a link to a torrent site from the Games Discussion forum, that would be a tad hypocritical :whistle:
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 06-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Heheh, no prob. Thanks for the fast reply guys, thats what I love ya for If anyone's curious, I have been looking for an x-com Apoc. ISO, to no avail so far, but I DID find a System Shock 2 iso. That was off Shareaza. Shareaza is good, it just takes tweaking, and not THAT many people know of it. Limewire sounds promising. It is better known, and more people theoreticly means a higher host count, meaning quicker downloads. I'll check it out and see!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #6
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Sep 6 2005, 07:22 PM
Hmm, why not from the french site? :blink:
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 06-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Sep 6 2005, 09:22 PM
Well, limewire is for songs, movies, pictures, files and progs. I use it mainly for songs. "No charge" = k:
For ISO - i don't know, never tried. I use Azureus for that.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 06-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #8
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

i don´t like to wait but the best that i know is the Emul
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 07-09-2005, 01:10 AM   #9
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios+Sep 6 2005, 07:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (efthimios @ Sep 6 2005, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MrBackAlleySka@Sep 6 2005, 07:22 PM
Hmm, why not from the french site? :blink: [/b][/quote]
Well, the only reason I don't like this french site, isn't because it's a French site, but the name as French in it, and it's a site that contains many oldwarez, yet lots of abandonware ISOs as well. I refuse to go to it for the oldwarez.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Emule is quite a good program, providing you can connect to the KAD network. Naturally, having a HighID can also be a bonus, but right here I have a LowID due to firewall installed on the server and it's still pretty good.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread