Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #381
Question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaberg @ Oct 13 2004, 01:28 PM) [snapback]17337[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Transport tycoon is not only about trains. In transport tycoon you can also use busses, planes and ships. One of the games I have used most time on in my life, is Railroad Tycoon 1, and I liked this game very much. There are some flaws in the game, there is no doubt about that, but overall it's a cool game.

BTW I played railroad tycoon II also, which I also think is pretty good. k:
[/b]

I have tried railroad tycoon 2 and i think this game is much much funner.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #382
best game

Old 26-03-2007, 03:21 AM   #383

I used to play this game a lot when I was younger, it's still brilliant.

Old 29-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #384
Sol

I have yet to see a decent use for the cars. And by that I mean the automotives in general.

Unless you're really, really close to where you want to go, using cars feels pointless imo. :/

Even when you're right next to where you need to get, the cars are slow and cumbersome, and by the time you build enough of 'em to get any sort of decent rating, you could easily have built a similar train setup for about the same price, and without the fear of the cars randomly getting stuck at the loading points, not to mention a lot faster cash flow.

Also, while I'm thinkin' about it, it occurs to me that I have no idea how to actually finish a round. I'd originally assumed buying out all the compitition would do the trick, but it doesn't.
Sol is offline                         Send a private message to Sol
Old 30-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #385
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sol @ Mar 29 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]285491[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have yet to see a decent use for the cars. And by that I mean the automotives in general.

Even when you're right next to where you need to get, the cars are slow and cumbersome, and by the time you build enough of 'em to get any sort of decent rating, you could easily have built a similar train setup for about the same price, and without the fear of the cars randomly getting stuck at the loading points, not to mention a lot faster cash flow...
[/b]
It helps to keep cities happy in the beginning when they don't generate enough passengers for a train or boat. I noticed that if you wait too long connecting a city, they'll get fed up with you, preventing you from building any train station or dock. And they are cheaper than trains for tiny goods/passenger volumes.
But indeed the bug where 3 vehicles get stuck is extremely annoying!
Old 30-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #386
Sol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Mar 30 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]285555[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It helps to keep cities happy in the beginning when they don't generate enough passengers for a train or boat.
[/b]
See, I generally overlook these cities and go for the bigger ones. Especially in the begining.

Quote:
I noticed that if you wait too long connecting a city, they'll get fed up with you, preventing you from building any train station or dock.[/b]
Not if you place the load/unload points last. And even when placed first, it's never ticked 'em off that bad for me.
Sol is offline                         Send a private message to Sol
Old 26-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #387

Erg leuk maar ???
:wallbash: DOWNLOADEN??? :wallbash:

Old 26-04-2007, 03:43 PM   #388
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Smile

http://www.abandonia.com/games/240/Transpo...eforWindows.htm

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #389

does it work with windows vista aswell? i seem to have problems installing and playing it :l

Old 14-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #390
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I presume you did run the REG file and restart your system?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman