Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #101
DakaSha
Forum hobbit

i have to admit that i dont find homosexuality "normal" or "natural"... i mean of course its natural otherwise it wouldn't exist but it doesn't have any evolutionary benifit and so isn't what mother nature intended.... same as when your born with only one arm and and a ducks bill

that being said i still think homosexuals should be allowed to do whatever they please... its thier body...bla bla bla
DakaSha is offline                         Send a private message to DakaSha
Old 01-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #102
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
right that does it. none of you are listining to me about this. so i am posting links becuse i am getting sick of you bigots who clearly have no understanding of psycholigy or neuroscience. it is a FACT that gay men have different brains to straight men. just type gay brains into google you idiots before you start saying about how homosexuality is something you choose , or something that is caused by psychological pressures.
Which does not make it any less a deviation.

Quote:
Now, 5th Horseman, why does it matter if it goes against evolution?
Human species didn't evolve the way we are without reason. In other words, homosexualism is against the natural order of things. It saddens me if you do not see this.

Quote:
There are plenty of people on earth to reproduce. It's just like being born with a heart condition, or Sickle Cell anemia. But its different than that, because saying that makes it sound liek a disease, when its not. Its just different. Like say your eyes are farhter apart than someone elses. Just different.
Wrong. Homosexuality is not a simple difference like that. It is a deviation from behavioral norm of human species, ergo it is a sickness whether you acknowledge this fact or not.
Also, think that way. I am a diabetic. This means I am a deviation from the norm myself, but does not make me act abnormally nor demand additional rights because of this.

Quote:
As for children growing up in Gay homes, I think that it is fine too. You say that a Gay home is not the norm. Normalcy is just a perception.
Wrong again. Norms like that has been long established in the development of human society. Homosexuals are deliberately intending to mock them.

Think of it like that. A child growing in any family does slowly adopt its parents opinions and positions on various subjects, psychological traits if you like. When it grows in a normal family model or even is raised by a single parent (but aware of the other ones existence). This is why children are often separated from sociopathic parents, eg to prevent them from inheriting these traits.
When raised by a homosexual pair, it will similarily adopt what it sees around as being absolutely normal. To that child, a heterosexual family will be a deviation and a homosexual one norm. Don't you see that?
It's like a disease in that respect.

The difference is that reasonable, normal people will think twice before risking to infect any others with an illness or have children that might suffer from severe genetic flaws.
I already had a thought on that in regards of my own case, and thus if I find out that my diabetics was caused because of my own faulty genetics, I will not have any children so that I will not condemn any other human being to what I have to go through.

Quote:
Would living in the Desert in abstract poverty be normal for you? No. But it is for a lot of people.
Poverty is not abnormal, while homosexual orientation is, and I am really sorry for you if you fail to notice that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #103
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You can't be worried about the future of the human race though - first off homosexuals don't reproduce, secondly it's nothing new, it's just that society (well, most of it - the bits who aren't bigoted homophobes) is generally more accepting of it than in the past.

Anyone who believes that being raised by a same-sex couple will turn you gay - where's your evidence?

EDIT:
Quote:
The difference is that reasonable, normal people will think twice before risking to infect any others with an illness or have children that might suffer from severe genetic flaws.
So you're comparing being gay to having a severe genetic flaw? The level of bigotry I've seen in here is nauseating, and some of it is from people I would never have expected it from.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 01-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #104
omg
Games Master

as i already said i come from a single parent family. so im going to leave my wife when i have kids am i. a schoolfreinds dad got 10 years for armed robberyso he is going to be an armed robber is he? most importantly a child who is born with a gay brain into a straight family, so that is gonna make him straight is it????????
your argument holds no water. it is bigotry. yes i know about nature versuses nurture, but in the case of a boy with a gay brain nature clearly wins becuse when he hits puberty he is not aroused by female pheremones. also a child with a straight brain adopted by gay parents is going to at the most be bisexual. becuse he will still be attracted to female pheremones. and as evry human is capable of bisexuality during those aroused moments of puberty, (and later, hot days) what difference does it actually make.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 01-07-2005, 06:31 PM   #105
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton@Jul 1 2005, 04:01 PM
I can't even begin to comprehend the ignorance I read here.
Self-awareness, bla-bla-bla...

Quote:
Pedofilia can be compared to homosexuality. [...] My point is that if adults can feel attraction to other adults of the same gender as a result of nature, then adults having an attraction to children is just as natural.* If homosexuals can marry, then children should be able to have sex with adults if they consent to it.
You didn't quite catch the meaning of "consent", did you?

Quote:
Have you not read "Lolita" by Nabokov?* Dolores Haze resented Humbert Humbert near the end, but only because he went about things the wrong way.* She did start to fall in love with him at first, though.
Wow, a fictional novel as evidence...

Quote:
I never said homosexuality was a conscious choice;
I'll get back to THAT...

Quote:
As I said before, anal sex is a very dangerous practice, even with lubricants and protection.
Not anymore dangerous than eating hot chili, which can indeed damage one's anus just as well. Or are you trying to get to that "greater chance of getting/spreading AIDS"-stuff here? Newsbreak, we're talking about homosexual MARRIAGE as in "two people sharing their lives and NOT f*cking around like crazy with everyone they meet", so itss rather a zero-arguement. You don't get AIDS from sleeping with someone who doesn't have it just because you MIGHT severe a small artery. And I certainly never heard anyone dying from a bleeding anus...
And one more thing: Just like there are MANY heterosexuals who enjoy anal-sex (gosh, even WOMEN! ), there are many homosexuals who don't have sex that includes penetration at all. And lesbians do indeed "have the means", did you ever hear of sextoys?

Quote:
You don't tell someone who thinks they see a telephone pole in his room that it really is there.
I still don't get THAT. Care to explain?

Quote:
Homosexuals do not want to become heterosexual, so they'll say anything to justify themselves.
Quote:
I never said homosexuality was a conscious choice;
You don't mind me laughing now, do you? Allthough I rather feel like crying... :not_ok:

@ horseman: So what about all those heterosexuals that "don't participate in evolution" because they are infertile etc? According to your logic, they shouldn't be allowed to adopt children as well. And what about those heterosexuals that simply don't WANNA have children? Deny them marriage?

Quote:
Wrong again. Norms like that has been long established in the development of human society. Homosexuals are deliberately intending to mock them.
Besides that I would have punched you right in the face for that last sentence if we were only talking face to face, there were indeed "human societies" that found NOTHING wrong about homo- or bisexuality.

Quote:
Think of it like that. A child growing in any family does slowly adopt its parents opinions and positions on various subjects, psychological traits if you like.
That seems to happen only in republican families LOL
Seriosuly, if children and teens were so easily and oftenly adopting their parent's views and ebven more LIFESTYLE, how do you explain the omnipresent "generation gap"?

Quote:
When raised by a homosexual pair, it will similarily adopt what it sees around as being absolutely normal.
And GOD help us if we actually start accepting homosexuality instead of condemning it
Quote:
To that child, a heterosexual family will be a deviation and a homosexual one norm.
Only if the child would never leave the house or grow up in an all-gay-community.
BTW, do black people see white families as deviation and vice versa? Do children that grew up with only one parental part see families with a mum AND a das as "deviation?
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 01-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #106
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Jul 1 2005, 05:43 PM
This site isn't American so it wouldn't be pg13 (which is American). Anyway, since when was talking about stuff not suitable?
Even if it was American rated, I wouldn't consider this "R" its not that bad, at least were not talking about other aspects of sexuality...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 01-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #107
Triton

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell+Jul 1 2005, 01:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (R Havell @ Jul 1 2005, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Yobor@Jul 1 2005, 06:35 PM
Tell me, again, how Anal Sex is dangerous?
Greater chance of injury and so more risk of STDs such as HIV being spread. Wearing condoms can prevent this, however. And anal sex is not an exclusivly homosexual thing.

EDIT: And as I haven't voiced my opinion yet, I am in favour of homosexual marrige and as far as adoption of children goes, similar regualations should apply as to hetrosexual couple, as long and the couple is loving and not abusive it's fine. [/b][/quote]
Condoms may prevent HIV and STDs, but it does not reduce the wear and tear on the anus.

As for the other posts, they are barely countering my arguments with circular logic, so I have nothing more to say.

Old 01-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #108
omg
Games Master

just as a general statement here, becuse this is something that has caused me much confusion over the years. why is it when people start discussing gay marriges you get people comparing it to peodophilia, necrophilia ect. why is it that when you get discussions on the legalising of cannabis on tv you always get the really old man saying that if we legalise cannabis we may as well legalise robbing people!! why is it that the bigots always like to compare something natural with something that is repellent?

there is major reosens why gay people need to be allowed to be married. if a gay couple have lived happily together for years and years and one of them dies premeturly without leaving a will there partner gets nothing. however if it was a hetrosexual partnership where they didnt marry the partner would still get a share as they would be there common law husband/wife. this is clearly a very bad situation to me. i guess the bigots will disagree.

o yeah chuck .... nice 1 k:
Old 01-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #109
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton@Jul 1 2005, 06:43 PM
As for the other posts, they are barely countering my arguments with circular logic, so I have nothing more to say.
hahahaha. i give you scientific data boy. with links. and you see it as propaganda!! even though it comes from respected institutions!! hahahahaha. i bet you think evrything darwin wrote was propaganda to!!!

hmm you are the one with the circular logic problem i think. you disagree with scientific data becuse it goes against what you belive. wake up. pleae. please. please.

(sorry 4 double post but im annoyed)
Old 01-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #110
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Seriosuly, if children and teens were so easily and oftenly adopting their parent's views and ebven more LIFESTYLE, how do you explain the omnipresent "generation gap"?
How? That's simple enough. Because the people's psychology and knowledge changes throughout their lives. Adults had much more experience with life, and the young ones are also subjected to a different set of circumstances in their lives then the adults were.

Quote:
And GOD help us if we actually start accepting homosexuality instead of condemning it
Homosexuals have always been present, true. However it is only now that they begin to get offensive with their deviation. Now, is that normal? No.

Quote:
BTW, do black people see white families as deviation and vice versa?
Again, we are not talking about a different skin color here. So cease all those attempts at comparing different skin colours to different sexual orientations, since these are completely different cases.
Quote:
Do children that grew up with only one parental part see families with a mum AND a das as "deviation?
No, because they are usually AWARE that the missing father or mother existed, usually because they were informed so by the remaining parent.

Quote:
if a gay couple have lived happily together for years and years and one of them dies premeturly without leaving a will there partner gets nothing
The last will can be written down YEARS before. So how about that, eh?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread