Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-11-2006, 07:55 AM   #231
velik_m
Game Wizzard

1. In combat , the fastest creature present is allowed to move first, with a tie going to the attacker, starting from top and going to the bottom unit. If mutliple creatures have the same speed, then the order alternates.

you cannot cast a spell until your first unit is ready to move

so: be sure to have at least one fast unit (and place it at the top/first) so you can strike first - and also be the first to cast spell. with carefull planning (and spells like paralyze/blind/slow/haste) the enemy might never even be able to strike back.
order in which the units move is important for planing the sequence of attacks and timing of spells.
2. numbers DO matter. creature will do (number_of_creature*damage) damage, with every point of attack rating over defense adding 10% and every point of defense rating over attack taking 5%. Sometimes curse/bless or protection are better than lightning.

3. don't just plan your next move - plan the moves after that too.

4. having a cheap/weak hero with a fast unit taking mines in enemy teritory is a great disruption tactic, and low risk.

5. know your units - especially their special abilities, like dragon's imunnity to magic. (using dragons as the sole unit and casting armageddons is a useful tactics)

6. you can only have as big of army as there are soldiers to recruit - so be sure to build unit dwellings as soon as possible - don't wory if you can't recruit them yet (because of founds) - the time will come when you will be.

7. if you're going to lose - retreat. Better rehire him in the castle then see him defeated and lose all the time and money you invested in buiding his stats/skill and all the artifacts.

8. conquer castle at the end of the week (if possible day 7) - that way you will have new army sooner rather than later. If the town will fall buy all the available units inside - no need to give the enemy anything.
Old 18-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #232

Whats the diffrence between homm1 and homm1 cd?

Old 18-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #233

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 18 2006, 01:05 AM) [snapback]267430[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Whats the diffrence between homm1 and homm1 cd?
[/b]
sorry not cd windows version

Old 18-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #234
velik_m
Game Wizzard

one runs under windows and the other doesn't?

also the windows version has editor.
Old 24-05-2007, 02:25 AM   #235
arlesya
world wanderer

I love this series and the only I haven't played yet was this one. I can't wait to be able to run it and see how it goes
Old 27-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #236
Master MC
Hero Gamer

This HoMM was my very first... and still my best memories to it. You really should get to it.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 24-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #237
daria

hello. I've got the game and everything is working perfectly
i would like to ask you though about the manual ... i thought it was possible to get it from abandonia but the link is incorrect ... replacements docs version seems to be broken. there's is even a comment someone wrote "it doesnt function" but i tryed anyway ... error ocurred. Please help if you know where else i can get manual from.
i really don't like playing strategy games without looking through manual first. I played one of the homm before when i visited my friend .. long time ago :P i can't really remember how to play and i would like to know a bit more of a world it is set in and the general story.. i really liked it but didn't get my hands on it since then. from some reason i just don't like playing games in wrong order, it's good to start from first one (i have king's bounty as well ) thanks
regards

Old 24-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #238

hmm ... king's bounty link don't seems to be working as well ... please help

Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #239
sienna

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belegorm @ Sep 14 2004, 07:40 PM) [snapback]13655[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I got the game, on our slow, old computer (with Windows XP, strangely enough). Our computer still has MS-DOS (not DOSbox), and every other DOS game I've gotten has worked. But Heroes I didn't. Maybe I do need to mount it (I don't quite understand stuff of that sort yet), but can I do it on MS-DOS? If so, how?
[/b]
weird that it isnt.. i dunno i installed it on win xp media edition and its playing just fine, sound and music and all without dosbox... i had to burn the iso to a cd, but otherwise...

the only question i have is how to get the cheats to work LOL.. they say type in number combinations, bt they dont really say where or how.. oh wells

Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 AM   #240

A great game.....
I used no manual just my keen brain and have almost beat the game. However, that last level I have deemed impossible by honest means. I have sped through the map several times and have found I am able to take out one enemy but by the time I meet the second it is far too powerful for me to front on. any ideas or options I am missing please advise.
I have been addicted to the game and have cleverly been able to attain dragons when I needed them on the other levels but this last level leaves you very limited on resources and money.

I'm gonna go cheat now to at least beat this damn level

-Le bon