Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #41
taikara
Abandonia Homie

"Netiquette" and being a good "Netizen" isn't about being a cog in "the system." It's about treating people with common courtesy and respect in a way that's understood online, in hopes of preventing misunderstandings and unnecessary drama/overreactions. I'm still wondering what exactly is wrong with that.

As for making issues public... Fine, when it's a professional/public matter. Tom's posting of the logs was fine, maybe even necessary, because the individuals who left did so with a certain vagueness and misdirection as to what was going on, leaving everyone else wondering about "conspiracy theories" and "mistreatment."

All it really seems to be to me is a little squabble about enforcing the rules of common courtesy and respecting your fellow forum-dweller. I mean come on - smileys? Is it really worth such drama? In general, most people prefer actual content in posts - that's why it's common sense.

Speaking of drama, I think if you've got a personal problem with someone else on the forum, either work it out privately, or ignore the person. Don't dredge it out for the entire forum to see, it's just not appropriate, as it's personal, not public info. Oh, and it's probably best to avoid interacting with someone who makes you mad, the anger will just make you unlikely to see anything but the negative.

Anyway, this stuff is tiring.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 24-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #42
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Apr 24 2006, 06:18 PM
hear hear.
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 24-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #43
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Actually he's making a point.
I've wasted a lot of time with the Internet and I agree with him that the Internet can be a very dangerous medium and it will most likely change the human society forever.
O well, what to do?
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 24-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #44
The Good Soldier Švejk
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Master MC@Apr 24 2006, 06:22 PM
O well, what to do?
No one can do anything. World Changes. It was always so, and it will always be so.

Thats it.
The Good Soldier Švejk is offline                         Send a private message to The Good Soldier Švejk
Old 24-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #45
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Quote:
Originally posted by Seb+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Seb)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>There, my final post.[/b]
I doubt it :P, but anyway goodbye and I hope you'll return one day, since you'll be missed 'round here. :bye:

Quote:
Originally posted by Stebbi@
<!--QuoteBegin-Tai
Quote:

hear hear.[/quote]I must agree. There have been too many fights and people living lately, so this is very tiring and sad. (but then again, anyone noticed how some of the people on AR's forums have come to save our asses from this madness? we are saved! )
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 24-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #46
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Apr 24 2006, 06:18 PM
"Netiquette" and being a good "Netizen" isn't about being a cog in "the system." It's about treating people with common courtesy and respect in a way that's understood online, in hopes of preventing misunderstandings and unnecessary drama/overreactions. I'm still wondering what exactly is wrong with that.

As for making issues public... Fine, when it's a professional/public matter. Tom's posting of the logs was fine, maybe even necessary, because the individuals who left did so with a certain vagueness and misdirection as to what was going on, leaving everyone else wondering about "conspiracy theories" and "mistreatment."

All it really seems to be to me is a little squabble about enforcing the rules of common courtesy and respecting your fellow forum-dweller. I mean come on - smileys? Is it really worth such drama? In general, most people prefer actual content in posts - that's why it's common sense.

Speaking of drama, I think if you've got a personal problem with someone else on the forum, either work it out privately, or ignore the person. Don't dredge it out for the entire forum to see, it's just not appropriate, as it's personal, not public info. Oh, and it's probably best to avoid interacting with someone who makes you mad, the anger will just make you unlikely to see anything but the negative.

I wonder why you're on Tom's side. And why you make a long post and then say it's tiring.

I think this thread has fulfilled its purpose. Call in the closers.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 24-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #47
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Why should we close it? There isn't any flaming or spamming going on. If the topic is washed out, let it just dwindle off to the last page of this forum.
Old 24-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #48
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder@Apr 24 2006, 06:31 PM
I wonder why you're on Tom's side. And why you make a long post and then say it's tiring.
Are there sides? I hadn't realized... It seems to me that people chose to leave of their own volition, and that it's their right to do so. Seb himself even gave Tom a nice little pat on the back for the same thing I mentioned, actually.

It's tiring because it's repetative, and I really don't see the point in all the unnecessary drama. Just because I find it tiresome doesn't mean I don't have an opinion.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 24-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #49
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder@Apr 24 2006, 11:31 AM
I think that's a little unfair to say dude, ecause you know full well what implications that statement holds.

I completely agree with Tai, and she said pretty much all I wanted to, or felt was necessary to say. Thank you Tai.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 24-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #50
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

Oh well im newblood so maybe they left to make place for us but I wouldnt leave as long as AB is around so am I (Unless I get Banned...)
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug
Closed Thread