Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #11
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

You're welcome

Oh, and I looked at the Warlords link too. It was similar to what I have been looking for, but as you said, I didn't recognize the interface. Please post your findings if you find your game. Cheers.
Old 26-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Could the strategy game be Lords of Magic?
Old 27-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #13
IberianWolf
Forum hobbit

nah, i'm pretty sure it wasn't 3D... seriously, warlords 2 reminded me of that game, though the first thing i noticed when i started playing was that the interface was totally "alien" to the one i'm looking for. maybe it's just because i was really young, but you know, that system with the units and being able to group them... i'm almost positively sure that game had it, though the graphics were different... maybe it was an add-on? gotta check that.

oh, and about the pillage thing... the concept was exactly like that, though i think the image was different... as i said, maybe an add-on? or a rip-off, haha!

tomorrow i'll try to speak to my uncle and ask him, though i don't think he'll remember...

once again, thank you guys! mighty, when i get to my computer tomorrow i'll search properly, ok? if I find it i'll post it here!

OFF TOPIC: just so i don't have to make another post... i have some really old games on disks... i don't know if they're still sold or where to look for that... but i was wondering if you guys could point me to the secion where I should post about givin' you guys those games? thanks!
IberianWolf is offline                         Send a private message to IberianWolf
Old 27-08-2006, 02:28 AM   #14
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iberian Wolf @ Aug 27 2006, 03:18 AM) [snapback]251150[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
OFF TOPIC: just so i don't have to make another post... i have some really old games on disks... i don't know if they're still sold or where to look for that... but i was wondering if you guys could point me to the secion where I should post about givin' you guys those games? thanks!
[/b]
You can check your games against the Oldwarez List to see if they are abandoned or sold - http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=awlist

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 27-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #15
IberianWolf
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Aug 27 2006, 03:28 AM) [snapback]251151[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You can check your games against the Oldwarez List to see if they are abandoned or sold - http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=awlist

k:
[/b]

so, what if some of them aren't on the list? im pretty much sure the name of the game is correct, though it's not there... hm... does that mean it's still sold? o.O
IberianWolf is offline                         Send a private message to IberianWolf
Old 27-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iberian Wolf @ Aug 27 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]251236[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
so, what if some of them aren't on the list? im pretty much sure the name of the game is correct, though it's not there... hm... does that mean it's still sold? o.O
[/b]

No, it doesn't necesserily mean that the games are still sold.

The Oldwarez list is an on-going project, and Tom Henrik is responsible for it. There are thousands of games out there, and so you may find games that are not on the list yet.

What games do you have? Maybe we can tell you if they are abonware, sold, ESA, etc. But there may be games that the status is still unlcear.

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 27-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #17
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Yo!

Yeah, I've only added the tip of the iceberg to the list yet. Still many many games to add

But if you have any games that are not mentioned, please bring my attention to them, so that I can add them accordingly
Old 27-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #18
IberianWolf
Forum hobbit

ok, here are the games I have... I've checked some already:

Manchester United Premier league champions/championship (not sure about the name or availability - or abandonability, hehe - but it's pretty old)
Global Conquest (abandonware!)
Ultimate Soccer Manager (the first one, it's abandonware!)

These are the ones which i remember the names... I'll have to check on the other disks tomorrow.
Old 27-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #19
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Added Manchester United Premier League Champions to the AW list, it is abandoned. k:
Old 27-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #20
IberianWolf
Forum hobbit

wow, that was quick, i went into the oldwarez list and there it was, haha. thank you!

so, where do I send the game? they're obviously pretty small, though MUPLC is 2 disks... which seemed like alot back in those days. at elast to me, haha!