Old 26-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #101
SreeX

Hey You All
i Love this game, and i am a Pro
i am up to the 2nd last level in HELL
no freaking joke
i can even provide screen shots of the level
:ranting: i need a cheat or something because i find it impossible
the F8 one doesnt work for me someone has a save game editor or something ANYTHING???

Old 26-04-2006, 11:54 PM   #102
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Goodguy3@Apr 26 2006, 10:59 PM
agg, i give up! :help: :help: :not_ok: :angry: :crazy: :tai: :eeeeeh:
Hello. only one advise, you don´t need to make 3 post, just edit your last post and put all in the same post.
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 27-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #103
SreeX

k: I would like to add that I LOVE THIS GAME
about time theres a forum for this
i need a CHEAT BAD , are there any decent hackers out there which can make any form of a cheat plz

Old 27-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #104
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

About buying the game: it is not possible, maybe on amazon or so, because ALL official part of it (i.e.: the official online-walkthrugh, the multiplayer-site) are ALL gone for good, and won't return.

for cheaters: there is the F8 cheat (be happy if it works), and the level codes for other-platforms versions. There are NO other cheats ever avaiable. But I wpould be glad if SreekX could send me the savegame file. That would allow to play his/her level.

for Goodguy3: your strategy works fine on the FIRST world, but not on the laters, and especially not from the 3th. Or could you write the exact technic of yours? How many breeders/workers/etc. inside/outside? What you do with the insane amount of traps? The lack of territory? Or the low starting unite-number?
I'd gladly read your playing style.
Old 28-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #105
wubuks

Hi!

I've played this game for some months, and have got to the penultimate desert level (not counting the bonus level). There, though, I'm stuck for good, will appreciate any good ideas.

In response to earlier posts,
about not being able to enter your own houses:
I downloaded Baldies from the Underdogs site and had the same problem, nothing helped with that version. Then I downloaded the game from some other site, and it worked OK. So, recommendation is (worked also for other games I've had problems with, like Adventures of Lomax): download it from different sites, and try all installations. Usually several different versions are available on net, some may be corrupt, but some other may work.

A useful hint.
At one of the last World 3 levels I got stuck for the first time: too few Baldies, too much Hairies; they quickly build the maximum living house, and start breeding with awful rate, while I have only level 2 living house yet. I get overwhelmed hopelessly. Couldn't get past this before the following tactics occurred to me: at the start, turn all Baldies blue, and bring one Baldie to the enemy-occupied part of land, approximately where he is going to build his living house; put the Baldie somewhere there, but out of immediate reach of Hairies, so they won't beat him. At the moment the Hairies create the house, put your own flag beside it, as near as possible, creating your own house. After the Hairies start to attack it, you can as well evacuate the Baldie from it, returning it to your own continent, and building your own living house for real. Now, the hairies will have two minimum level houses which block each other from growing, and it will not occur to them to build another living house. Well, you will have some hard time dealing with the already existing Hairies, then the ones appearing from the two small houses, but after all you'll overwhelm them.

In the Desert World (World 4) this tactics was often very handy.

Well, up to the said penultimate level. The situation there is next to hopeless:
* you have only 10 Baldies at the start, there are *lots* of Hairies,
* the Baldies breed *awfully* slowly compared to what Hairies accomplish during that time,
* you have no houses, the Baldies have about 6, including level 3 living house and barracks (so blocking growth of enemy houses has no effect, since he already has quite good living house),
* having barracks, Hairies can shoot you, while you can fight only with bare hands,
* the Hairies are very energetic on this level, continously building new houses, then upgrading them to maximum level (this is good to some extent, since it partly turns Hairies' attention away from attacking the meagre 10 Baldies, however, there still are quite enough Hairies not allowing the Baldie count to reach more than about 14 at any moment),
* even if you survive building one or two additional houses (to the living house without which you end quickly and miserably), about when you start having some hope of staging an attack or having the third/fourth house, or having as much as 30 Baldies in the next 5 minutes, the enemy gets grenades and finishes you off quickly.

Of course, I've tried lots of ways to help the Baldies:
* trying to warp Baldies into this level from earlier ones (no success),
* building first a decoy house, so Hairies spend some time attacking it instead of my real living house which I build as the second one (try to save the decoy house builder before enemy takes the house, you will need every Baldie),
* bringing a "burn" invention from the previous level (can kill only 1 Hairy though),
* using piranhas to kill Hairies (only 3 skunks; Hairies breed and recover quickly),
* trying to get the rabbit invention as quickly as possible (but you need to start breeding before that in a living house, or you'll be killed off before finishing invention; and by the time you get it, you typically have only about 3-5 red Baldies, so the increased breeding rate is just enough to fend off the Hairies until they get grenades),
* building barracks (about the time you build one and have bullets, the Hairies get grenades...).

Has anyone passed this level? If so, HOW did you do it?

Perhaps someone has worked out some other tactical idea when fighting with very few Baldies against lots of and strong Baldies. On other levels, where there were not SO few Baldies, the following tactics helped:
* if enemy invents grenades, keep considerable amount of soldiers (being able to shoot) in the front of your breeding house(s), not to let Hairies do considerable damage to your breeding,
* build 2 barracks quickly to have grenades yourself,
* attack with grenades Hairies' living house(s). Even 1 attacking soldier sometimes is good if you don't let him enter the house: he may throw enough grenades to keep Hairies inside house, until you breed and build up enough to stage a real attack.

Old 28-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #106
Goodguy3
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by twillight@Apr 27 2006, 04:25 PM
About buying the game: it is not possible, maybe on amazon or so, because ALL official part of it (i.e.: the official online-walkthrugh, the multiplayer-site) are ALL gone for good, and won't return.

for cheaters: there is the F8 cheat (be happy if it works), and the level codes for other-platforms versions. There are NO other cheats ever avaiable. But I wpould be glad if SreekX could send me the savegame file. That would allow to play his/her level.

for Goodguy3: your strategy works fine on the FIRST world, but not on the laters, and especially not from the 3th. Or could you write the exact technic of yours? How many breeders/workers/etc. inside/outside? What you do with the insane amount of traps? The lack of territory? Or the low starting unite-number?
I'd gladly read your playing style.
k: ahh, dont worry, i got it, quite a struggle too! then i cleared the next 3 maps and stopped
Old 01-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #107
wubuks

Well, I did manage to win the last two Desert World levels, with half-cheating: I just discovered that there is another save option (in addition to remembering the maps you've finished in the slots visible at startup): press Alt, and you get a Windows-menu, there is File->Save/Load where you can save within level. So, with saving often (very often) and restoring whenever the Hairies made a decision Baldies wouldn't like (e.g. attacking a useful house instead of just a decoy house with 1 Baldy inside, created exactly for getting attacked). Still, it took long time. I believe, without this cheating I'd have to spend some half-year before the probabilistic decisions of Hairies would turn out so lucky that the Baldies would have chance to build up so that they can stage a real fight. So, if anyone finds an effective strategy how this level can be won in a logical way, I'd still appreciate that.

By the way, only this late I discovered the law about grenades: I thought that you get them when the green bar raises high enough, but, here, I got it to maximum, but still no grenades. It turned out that you get grenades if you have the maximum-size barracks. So, better build one big barracks than four small ones (grenades being the most effective way to fight enemy houses, especially with high breeding rate, if you cannot afford to lose >= 1 Baldy for 1 Hairy).

Old 01-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #108
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And this is why the helicopter rocks: it is (nearly) invulnareble, fast, and You controll it.

p.s.: I thanx remembering me the fake-house strategy. I will try it out.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #109
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Please if ANYone beats higher than me send the save-game file to me to this adress: twillight AT freemail DOT hu

I'm just on the 3-4th level of the 3th world (Europe), and I have too little time for this nowdays.

Edit by Reup: never put your email in plain-text in a forum post.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:37 AM   #110
Caleb
Lurker

I'm pretty curious about this game. Can't download it though. Did the developers force you to remove it from here or something?