Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #521
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

I also chose the correct name from the drop-down list, and it indicated the answer was wrong. The game is also one of my favorites!

I hope you have the chance to work on the problem; and thank you.

Last edited by Diamondfist; 30-10-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 30-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #522
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

I wonder if this one was grumpy because it didn't show up in the drop down list. The drop down list only showed the first game in the series.
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA
Old 31-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #523
Andrewpam
Default head post to think hi

Hi guys, i am anybody shoes fans at the start call this form.Nice to into you !

Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #524
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

It isn't just a particular game name; I found the correct game to today's screenshot quiz, entered the name, selecting it from the drop-down list, and was notified that it was wrong. There is a problem with the quiz, which will hopefully be fixed when the staff are able to do so.

This was what I entered:

Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #525
piroklasztit
Forum hobbit

I think today's quiz is corrupt as well:

Spoiler for quiz

Any system errors? Because it's not the first nowadays
piroklasztit is offline                         Send a private message to piroklasztit
Old 04-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #526
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, there are numerous system problems, actually, Diamondfist and piroklasztit.

1. No one knows how exactly quiz works. And moreover, no one can fiddle with it's algorythms. Well, programmers at former Studentis probably can, but they are not very eager to answer.

But supposedly, it takes games from full published games database.

2. Unfortunately, site code is in the such state that it's virtually impossible to found anything in current site admin interface. Dave seems had much understanding of it, and maybe on his level it's more transparent. But for me, on the lower access level, it's only neverending lists, with the very limited abilities to edit them. And Dave is too rarely on site nowadays.

3. Each game can exist in 3 forms:

- "Original", English game;
- Translated entry with it's own individual name (it supposedly match with "original", but actually it's not always the case);
- "Orphaned" game that exist in database, but not connected with the "original".

I have no idea from what of this lists quiz pulls names. But if it's all three, in case of any discrepancy results can be weird.

4. Some symbols (basically, special ones, like ":", or "/", or quotes itself) confirmed as non-recognizable by quiz, even if they exist in the name. :/ They was removed from the names, supposedly, just for quiz purpose.

So, as you see, sources of the errors can be numerous. I am trying my best to remove what I can... but my abilities are limited. Sorry for that.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #527
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Smiling Spectre, thank you for taking the time to explain that. I don't mean to complain; It's such a cool quiz, and a lot of members are passionate about it. I know how much staff is here, and it is a lot to manage, so I have a lot of respect for the people here.

Today's quiz had a pretty long name, but I guessed correctly, and I didn't select from the drop-down choice(s) just in case (probably no difference).
Old 05-11-2014, 05:40 AM   #528
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondfist View Post
Today's quiz had a pretty long name, but I guessed correctly, and I didn't select from the drop-down choice(s) just in case (probably no difference).
Guessing list _definitely_ takes into account all published games. Including wrong named ones (try to find "translate" name next time - it will be found, because base have several hundreds of such named translated games). But if it's the case for the selecting games for quiz remains mystery.
Old 30-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #529
cdnp
Super Freak

Well, its been a long time since the last problem but I was marked wrong again today for the correct response.
Spoiler for screenshot quiz
I hope that it wont happen again soon like the last time that they came in bunches.
cdnp is offline                         Send a private message to cdnp
Old 04-06-2015, 10:45 PM   #530
cdnp
Super Freak

Hello again.

It is not an error exactly, however the screenshot is from a nonexistent game. It comes from your April Fools 2012 Game entry
Spoiler for Screenshot Quiz
This does not seem fair!
cdnp is offline                         Send a private message to cdnp