Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-12-2004, 08:28 PM   #21
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

From the front page: It is still being sold, so the appropriate 'Buy it' button is displayed where 'Get it' should be. So, you're free to buy it or obtain in some other way!

Is it just me or does that sound a bit suspicious? What other way are we talking about? Surely not downloading?

Anyway, I'm glad to see reviews of games that are still sold. They're excellent for those who missed the golden age of gaming and need guidance to the greatest titles. A good review of a classic game will surely attract buyers. While Abandonia is an abandonware site, I think it can do good work at educating the newer generations if it doesn't limit itself too severly.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Eagle of Fire")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>3) All games available for download so I don't lose my time looking at tittles that I won't buy anyways considering all the true classic genres I love to play been played a long time ago.[/b][/quote]
When I buy games, I don't look at their age. It's the same thing with music; it's the quality that matters, not the year when it was made.
Old 13-12-2004, 08:37 PM   #22
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpsi@Dec 13 2004, 11:28 PM
Is it just me or does that sound a bit suspicious? What other way are we talking about? Surely not downloading?
Most deffinetly not - it's illegal!!!
That's why our admins are so careful to remove any link to a warez site that is accedentaly made by a newby who still hasn't learned the rules (basically the Newbys just want to help).
But maybe someone can give you the game as a gift (it's that time of the year again), or you might trade it for some other old game you purchased,...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 14-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #23
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I been looking for a free download for a while now. But no luck.

Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 15-12-2004, 08:27 PM   #24
Wanderer

Simon! Sweetness. I loved this game. Played a demo for it many years ago, and then was given it by a friend since he was done with it. A truly magnificent piece of adventure work. It doesn't surprise me at all that it's still being sold.

Now if only I could find the sequel...

Old 15-12-2004, 08:31 PM   #25
Wanderer

Erm... I mean I was given the FULL game by a friend. Just wanted to clear that up.

And I didn't realize there were TWO sequels! OMG Now I really need to go searching...

Old 24-12-2004, 12:45 PM   #26
Xeros

i bought this one like 4-5 years ago in a local store :P its quite a nice game ... cant belive its not abandonware

Old 24-12-2004, 04:25 PM   #27
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

I got Simon 1&2 from the library: free rental + CD burner = Much happiness!

But these are great games, and I would advise anyone to not hesitate in buying them.

BTW, I don't suppose the two non-PnC Simon games are abandoned, are they (Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack and Simon The Sorcerer Pinball)?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 25-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #28
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

OK - I just spotet a huge mistake I made while writing the review!
It's something I didn't notic, because the spell check understood this word too, so it was only after I read the Croation translation I noticed it.

The dwarfs need BEER not a BEAR :roflol: !

*goes and hides*
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 25-12-2004, 09:12 PM   #29
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

I better go and fix that error!

*goes to fix an error*
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 05-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #30
JJXB
Pi-voh

i finally found my cd!
and even better, its the full dos talkie! :P
if you want to play it properly, install scummvm, install simon and then copy over the *.voc and simon.gme files into the dir where you installed it. the you can direct scummvm to the simon folder and it'll play!

edit - the guy that did simon's voice that "hillary" was referring to is named chris barrie :P
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB