Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #131
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Trost
Everybody is talking about having downloaded this game (among others) but it says ESA restricted and there is no download link. What am i missing?

The game WAS available for download, but ESA asked us to remove the link a few months ago. Sorry.

Last edited by arete; 06-05-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: html
Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 14-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #132
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Regrettable but true, along with so many other fine games :angry:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 06-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #133
Cymoril

Heh, I just found this site and I can't express how happy I am to have another abandonware site to add to my Fav's list. I played a lot of these games when I was a small child on our slow PC-JR and damn do they have memories.

This game, however, I didn't play till we had a Windows machine, and I remember thinking it was absolutely ludicrous that the KING would go walking and not have enough money to buy any pastries. What sort of King walks around penniless? Not to mention he drowns in an inch of water? :blink:

Needless to say, I didn't get very far in the game.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #134
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Hehehe yes it's sounds funny, a pennyless king and without any armour or a waterbottle except his wits. But drowning...that's left for Alexander

Last edited by arete; 06-05-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: fixed the smiley
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 15-08-2006, 08:06 AM   #135

why was my post deleted? i simply saidi hate ESA.. as any abandonware fan would.

Edit by Reup: The abandonware fans on this forum don't. We don't allow ESA-bashing here.

Old 16-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #136
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Well well we all dislike the actions of ESA but what's the use of cursing?

Last edited by arete; 06-05-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: smiley
Old 17-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #137
swiss
who's not Swiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacee
Why can`t we download some games?
Did the aughtors reclaim the rights for the games again?Or something?

no need to claim rights again when you still have em ...

the copyright law makes abandonware as such sort of illegal. but most of the developers are nice enough to let us host their games. The ESA is a company that takes care of copyrights. The ESA itself is not responsible for the "no go" buttons. It's the software industry that simply doesn't want this or that game to be downloaded and used without having bought it. that's all. We are all doing our jobs, do not hate each other and the world is in perfect order.

Last edited by arete; 06-05-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: html, smilies
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 20-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #138

i don't think i cursed in my original deleted post. maybe i did and forgot but i strongly doubt i cursed at all. but either way, i know everyone is doing their jobs. was just frustrated at not being able to get kings quest 5 when i'd already bought it years ago (when it was released... soooo sooo long ago) but either way i know everyone is doing their jobs and i love abandonia.

i just have an animosity towards sierra in particular due to their reluctance to allow fans to continue on "the silver lining" a fan-based continuation of the kings quest series.

i played a critical role in causing sierra to allow the project to continue and since then have felt someone hostile towards sierra in general. they have no interest in continuting the kings quest series and hence were only being paranoid in their reluctance.

i do appreciate their reluctant allowance towards the fans in allowing the project to continue.

Old 20-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #139
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

This is new to me...I don't know, to the best of my latest information, if anyone has stopped 'The Silver Lining...' project?
Old 22-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #140
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=11681
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi