Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #221
Vaikunta
Forum hobbit

I've decided to post random tips without spoilers regularly to help those who only seek guidance.

Magical weapons weigh only 1, so this means you can have lots of them in your backpack. The Deceiver, Khumash-Gor's scimitar and Flame Sting are the best melee weapons (there are no missile, for some reason) with advantages on each one. I strongly recommend having these with you, on specific situations you will learn with experience.
Vaikunta is offline                         Send a private message to Vaikunta
Old 04-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #222

how dost thou jump on this game?

Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #223
swiss
who's not Swiss

thou needest to press both mouse buttons at the same time, Avatar.

At least that is what I think to remember ...
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 06-08-2006, 06:48 AM   #224
Guest_Aubor_*

Wonderfull. The download is back and the evil empire of ESA has relented. Horah!!

This is the only Ultima game I have never played. I remember looking at the box in the store when it was new and wondered, "Should I buy this? or should I get Mercenaries instead?". I had been burnt out by the massive openess of Black Gate so relented and bought the quick fix instead. I have never been able to find it since. Thank God for Abandonia.

Ever thought about getting Privateer 2: The Darkening? Blood Bowl? Birthright? Spycraft? TerraNova? Mechwarrior 2?

I have a few of those on hand for uploading but not all. Also I was suprised to not see any Bards Tales from the old Atarii series.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #225
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Blood Bowl is actually already on the site . Terra Nova and MW2 are not eligible - SOLD and ESA'd, respectively, if I recall it right.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #226
Vaikunta
Forum hobbit

Random tip:

I forgot to mention, but the best weapon on the game is RUN! You are faster than most things in Pagan. The only enemies you should face in the beginning are Ghouls, those slow-reaction zombies that wander. They are abundant and are fairly easy to kill. To attack efficiently, just double-click when your weapon is behind your head, in a "prepare" position. When it attacks and comes back again, double-click. If you have a biy of experience, you should begin the double-click almost before the weapon is readied, but you can "block" the attack (useless)

If you are running it under Windows, you can activate a function that enables you to use the NumPad as the mouse itself, the Num5 being the left-click. Using it is better in a way, you don't have to smash your mouse to attack fiercely. Just enter the Command Panel and search for something like accesibility options

DON'T FACE MORE THAN 1 ENEMY AT A TIME! This is important too. When you have killed enough ghouls, and have a magic weapon such as the Deceiver (1-19 attack), you can face thougher enemies.

Old 16-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #227
Vaikunta
Forum hobbit

What is needed to keep this alive?

If you find a locked door, this applies to Tenebrae mainly, try to jump and climb something in order to gain entrance to the house. Those little 'outposts' you see going south from Mordra's palace can be breached. It is easy, just take little steps forwars until that 'bridge' becomes invisible, meaning you are below it, then go backwards 1 step and put the cursor in you, then jump. You will climb it and feel free to plunder.
Old 19-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #228

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Durak @ Jun 30 2004, 04:58 PM) [snapback]4374[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That didn't work, it was more choppy than slow. Although it was REALLY slow...
[/b]
I have downloaded and installed ultima 8...and it dont work! im in windows 98....so...what should i do?

Old 19-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #229
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

What doesn't work, exactly? Have you read the other posts? Maybe the answer is there.
Old 19-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #230

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Aug 19 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]249646[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What doesn't work, exactly? Have you read the other posts? Maybe the answer is there.
[/b]
i read then ...but in the site is saying that dos box is needed for windows xp.....besides....i already downloaded the dos box...and i dont knew how to install...