sosad
Lurker

Wink

I Love TTD :bleh:
sosad is offline                         Send a private message to sosad
Old 25-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #112
Hkizzle
Forum hobbit

Wow, how lame. I haven't posted here in over a year, and I find someone used a cheat to beat my record. Luxurious simply used a bug in transport tycoon to get the best score. If you look at the screenshot of his custom game you will see that he spent over 15 million in the last year alone building vehicles. This seems strange because if you look at the preceeding two years he spent very little on vehicles.

But go do this yourself, build a bus depot and keep building buses, or you can do it with trains, then look at your company value jump. It's a bug, so a person that can't win legit like luxurious can simply churn out lots of vehicles then to bump up his company value to make it seem they earned 100 million. How cheap.

Another clue is that anyone that gets 100mil should have a huge cash balance since they will get money faster than they can build. This is proven in Shrek's screenshot where he has over 80 mil in cash. It's impossible to get 100 mil without having at least a good portion of that as cash. Then you look at luxurious's screenshot from the game on hard setting. He's only got 2 mil, showing that in the hard game he spent the last year of the game simply buying vehicles to bump up his company value to get to 100mil prematurely.

Totally lame. I usually don't like to flame but anyone that cheats to win a competition even if it's for fun, to get attention and respect is sad. He should have his record taken off the list of best times, since he didn't do it legit. It's only fair to the rest of us that put in hours and hours to do our best legit.
Hkizzle is offline                         Send a private message to Hkizzle
Old 15-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #113
Hkizzle
Forum hobbit

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/WBo...WorldRecord.jpg

Took me several weeks of retrying to finally get this time which beats Luxuries' time. Also note that his fastest time was on custom setting with the easiest options, whilst me attempt was done in hard mode which usually means it would take several years longer.

Note this attempt was done using exactly the same method luxuries used, if I did it in a normal method it would have taken me till about 1975 to get to 100 mil. But considering Luxuries' times are still up there I think it's only fair that this time is included as it was just using his method.
Old 15-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #114
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i have used another, very special method on this one. i have been taking some courses about marketing economy and found them quite helpful in the game. its in very strategic connection between ships buses and trains
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6397/methodsx2.jpg
Old 16-04-2007, 03:32 AM   #115
Hkizzle
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Apr 15 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]287071[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i have used another, very special method on this one. i have been taking some courses about marketing economy and found them quite helpful in the game. its in very strategic connection between ships buses and trains
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6397/methodsx2.jpg
[/b]
What you saying? That it's impossible to get that money by 1972 and I did a photoshop? I'll send the save game to anyone that wants it. If you are no where close to 1972 it might be because you suck, and not that someone else cheated.

In anycase, I already stated I used the same method as luxurious, had I used a normal method would have taken till sometime in 1975.
Old 16-04-2007, 05:03 AM   #116
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

..it was joke=/
Old 17-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #117
Hkizzle
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Apr 16 2007, 05:03 AM) [snapback]287119[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
..it was joke=/
[/b]
:blink:
Old 21-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #118
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Just inviting you people to have another go at the challenge.
It's been over 2 years since I played TT and before that it was some 10 years or so.

Currently on "hard" trying to get into the top 10. Won't be a top 5 place though, had too much trouble in the beginning (4 UFO's crashing a vehicle of mine when I only had 5 - 10).
Now it's 1971 and I'm nowhere near the 100 million, but I should get there before 1990. Also my cash is piling up faster than I can spend, I might have to try flattening half cities in order to build large airports.
Old 22-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #119
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Unfortunatly, I don't really have time for thing kind of competition anymore. I didn't update the last entries because there was some claim of cheating between two members, and I didn't have the time to fire up TTD and check out for myself...

You're welcome to take the hall of fame and start a new thread about it. You have my blessing.
Old 22-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #120
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Thanks, my suggestion is I'll start a new thread if other people are interested, there's no use for a new topic if I'm the only poster

In the end it seems I was too optimistic: it took me until 1998 to reach the $100 million (NOT exploiting the mechanism of buying extra vehicles to boost company value!)
[attachmentid=4105]
Reasons:
- a limit of 40 on aircraft, hit the ceiling in 1983
- extremely little industry (1 oil well, some iron and coal, only 1 lumber mill)
- noticed too late that taking over companies reduces your company value, lost some $5 million with that in the 1980's
- similar remark for large construction works such as leveling terrain: seems to reduce your company value?
- very mountaneous landscape, even for hard settings

Some history:
1950: total income 30K$
1955: total income 92K$; company value 285K$
1960: income 172K; value 444K (trying hard to double both figures every 5 years)
1965: income 292K; value 863K (saving for my first heli)
1970: income 720K; value 2194K
1975: income 2103K; value 6058K (as from now, unable to spend all income on new vehicles/aircraft or development)
1980: income 4152K; value 11942K (nicely doubling every 5 years)
1985: income 7736K; value 23400K (from now on slowing down since aircraft limit reached)
1990: income 12488K; value 46831K
1995: income 18516K; value 82316K

Perhaps I might give it another try, hopefully with more industry and/or less mountains on the map. Especially some oil would be nice...