Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #121
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

All of them have music... it doesn't work on your computer because - obviously - the game is unable to utilize your sound hardware.
And yes, both DosBox and VDMSound should make the difference.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-09-2006, 11:44 PM   #122

I have new scans of the password part. I used a red filter over the camera to take the pictures this time. I haven't yet put them all together to form one picture yet.

-Turbo852

Old 14-09-2006, 12:20 AM   #123

Here they are.

Or you can download them in a .rar file.

Passwords

Passwords Mirror 1

Old 14-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #124
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'll try to fix these pictures for you.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #125
Faez

I downloaded the game, it runs normaly but i don't have any sound at all. There should be at least the adlib sounds, does anyone know why this happens?

Old 28-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #126

Does this mean that you can't use the audio pack from the harddrive? It makes no sense to me that you have to either use a physical CD or mount an image when playing the game.

Is there really no way to patch the game so that the audio pack can 551 MB sound file can just be placed with the rest of the game files?

Old 28-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #127
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Have you tried using SCUMM? That works great for old adventure games like Loom. And you get full sound as well.

http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=programs

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 13-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #128
anil8tion
Lurker

Just the other day downloaded and completed this game, on standard mode. I had music, but no voices.

I liked it, and the story didn't seem as surreal or bizarre as some people make it out to be, although the end did bother me a bit for failing to explain pretty much anything. This is actually becoming a problem with me with books and movies and games and things as it frustrates me immensely when these things are left so open with so many loose ends.

What are these "Shadows"? What does the Loom do? What does the Great Scythe do? Who are the Guild of Clerics anyway? What was the idea behind that "blanket" the drew over the sky? Weren't they going away from the other side of the pattern?

The story was decent, but the game was way too short to build up any sort of drama which it seemed to try and "work on" in the ending.

I also downloaded the book of patterns and had a look at it. There are many, many drafts there that I did not use or see at all throughout the entire course of the game, the "emptying" draft was not used for any progression purposes at all during the game. Am I missing something, or was this just some sort of subtle trick to make the book of patterns longer, or make the game seem longer?

Edit: pff, didn't even realise I could post unregistered.
anil8tion is offline                         Send a private message to anil8tion
Old 13-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #129
Tito
Alley Cat

I don´t think that people find this games story weird or surreal, as you say. I think that most people complain about the controls and the musical system because it is quite particular, not the typical aim and click.

About everything left without an explanation, I think that if you try to inmerse a bit into the game, you can actually figure some things on your own.

And yes, I've played through this game many times, and some patterns remain empty when you finish it.
Old 25-02-2007, 05:15 AM   #130
trouble with water.
Question

Yeah i forgot to get the empty tune thing and im in the cave after the dragon. does anyone know the notes for the draft i need? :wallbash: please??