Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-09-2004, 11:46 AM   #21
Ababo

I have a nice little package called the "Infocom Treasure Chest". It has 20 games in total, including:

Zork 1-3
Beyond Zork
Zork Zero
The Lurking Horror
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Planetfall
The Witness

And a whole bunch more! What's more, it even works fine under Windows XP! (Although Dosbox gives you a better layout). Would anyone be interested in me sending it in? I'm pretty sure it's still abandonware.

Ababo is offline                         Send a private message to Ababo
Old 15-09-2004, 11:51 AM   #22
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Thank you very much for your offer, Ababo, but I already have many of those games.....we've plenty of games, we are in disperate search of REVIEWERS!!!! If you want to help (and maybe earn a VIP pass?) you can write some reviews for games on the list in page 1, or for others not present there, like some you mentioned above.

Let me know!
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 15-09-2004, 11:51 AM   #23
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well the thing is I'm not the best at writing reviews, I'm only just passing english, oh I had this really gay english test today, I'll be lucky if I passed. Also i wouldn't have a clue how to take screenshots. Also other people may like the gnome game its just that I don't. Also you could just download them yourself, Arthur is only 1 MB and the gnome game is only 400 KB and I'm sure you could write a better review than me anyday, and I'm assuming you know how to take screenshots.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 15-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #24
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I don't expect a review to be a perfect gem of literature....You only have to describe briefly the game, what's your role and your objective, and some of your impressions about it; at the end, the mark you feel to award to the game (1-2-3-4-5, from worst to best). Just tell people it's a game that deserves being played, if you enjoyed doing that. I can eventually correct mistakes.

C'mon, don't be shy!!! :bleh:

How to take screenshots:while in DosBox, press Ctrl+F5, and the progrAM WIll store the snap in his proper folder in DosBox directory (e.g.C:\Program files\DosBox\snaps)
Old 15-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #25
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well I'll try my best. And I can't find my DosBox directory, I'm starting to think I don't even have DosBox. I'll keep searching.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 15-09-2004, 12:25 PM   #26
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Question: Do you have to download DosBox or does it usually come with everything?
Cause if you have to download it then I don't have it. And that would mean I been playing all these games without it.
Old 15-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #27
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

DosBox is a program downloadable in the Internet which allows you to emulate pure DOS, which is required for many old games to run properly.....Don't bother with the screenshots, I'll do them by myself. Just concentrate on the review.
Old 16-09-2004, 05:09 AM   #28
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ok. I have DosBox now, but some of my games dont run very smoothly. Is there a way to fix this. If there is try to put it in English, I'm not very good with all this computer jargon.
Old 16-09-2004, 06:12 AM   #29
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I really couldn't be bothered writing a review. How about I do the screenshots and you do the review. I really like that idea.
Old 16-09-2004, 09:39 AM   #30
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Sep 16 2004, 07:12 AM
I really couldn't be bothered writing a review. How about I do the screenshots and you do the review. I really like that idea.
Bah.
So be it, I'll do all by myself. <_<