Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
Broadway Phil
Lurker

Exclamation I can't create new characters!

This will seem weird, but I am running this game using DOSBox in Windows 8. The game itself is functioning normally, but when I want to create a character it will not let me leave that screen (ESC just produces a "click" sound) and the only thing I can do is close the game, which would be annoying but acceptable if it retained the newly created character; however, it does not, and so I cannot create any new characters. There were some on the "disk" but only two are available and two others recoverable because they were "out". Any clues, or is this a Windows 8 problem?
Broadway Phil is offline                         Send a private message to Broadway Phil
Old 21-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #12
Tropi
Lurker

Default Wizardry 1. No Char Creation. ESC does not work

I'm having the same problem, but using De-Fend Reloaded on a WinXP, SP3 PC.
The only way I have found to get out of the Create Screen is to ALT-TAB back to Windows and then close Wizardry from there. Interestingly, when I elect to close, Windows then tells me that Wizardry is still awaiting input! I can flick back to it, but I can find no key combination that will progress me from the Create Character screen.
I am happily and extremely cautiously playing on Lvl 1 with the six already provided characters, but I NEED to create more - I LOVE this game!
Does anyone have any insight please?
Tropi is offline                         Send a private message to Tropi