Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #41
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerwilco View Post
Hay slowcoder, remember BATCHMAN?

put out by PC Magazine in the...late 80's?

a front end program that enhanced your batch files....

as I recall, it went something like this:

batchman color 15,1
batchman box, 22,11,22,11
batchman locate 25,12,
batchman print Hello out there
Batchman was complete shit compared to the Norton Batch Enhancer.
Be this
Be that
Be something

Damn, now you made me join this complete idiotic topic.

*Runs away*

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 25-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #42
SlowCoder
Game freak

Quote:
Oh yea....on our friend dosraiderette:
He reminds me of either a politition or one of those so called "activests": Just waits around for someone or something to knock or criticize but doesn't have the b*lls/too scared to contribute...that would be taking a risk at turning the tables....
Well, no. DOSRaider is a good guy. I just started picking on him because of his *supposed* age, (You never know on the Internet .) and I think he might be getting back at me. Actually, he kind of reminds me of my crotchity grandfather, who sadly, has passed. And he's not just a drive-by forum junkie. He does contribute to the site.
SlowCoder is offline                         Send a private message to SlowCoder
Old 25-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #43
Rogerwilco
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Batchman was complete shit compared to the Norton Batch Enhancer.
Be this
Be that
Be something

Damn, now you made me join this complete idiotic topic.

*Runs away*
I would ask you to refrain from typing profanity but but you'd just get your jollies out of it, so I won't.

I've used them both: Norton is better, but not by much.

However batchman has a Big advantage over Norton

BTW, how's your Parents basement?
Rogerwilco is offline                         Send a private message to Rogerwilco
Old 25-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #44
Rogerwilco
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowCoder View Post
Well, no. DOSRaider is a good guy. I just started picking on him because of his *supposed* age, (You never know on the Internet .) and I think he might be getting back at me. Actually, he kind of reminds me of my crotchity grandfather, who sadly, has passed. And he's not just a drive-by forum junkie. He does contribute to the site.

Nah, he's no crothity grandfather...... he's some celler dweller kid - remember my age, anyone 10 years or more younger is a kid to me - who really doesn't know what it was like back in the DOS days...which is okay, no biggie

you can tell 'cause he has to look stuff up before he "responds" in the negative.... doesn't dare get into it like we do...

but nah, no hard feelings or anything like that....who says I can't pick back?

Hey, do you remember Q-Modem terminal program?

(Yea, raideretter, it was a protocall, but also the name of the aforementioned program...saved you some time there checking it out....More time to do those chores Mommy wants you to do...)

And remember when Z-Modem was the fastest?

Hmmm.... recalling either a language or graphics called Avatar back then - not like what that word is used for now - does that jar any memory cells?

oh, that push/pop stuff was I *think* assembly... never got into that...
Rogerwilco is offline                         Send a private message to Rogerwilco
Old 25-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #45
SlowCoder
Game freak

Quote:
I would ask you to refrain from typing profanity but but you'd just get your jollies out of it, so I won't.

BTW, how's your Parents basement?
* Hopes all this is just in the name of fun, and not the beginnings of bashing*
In an attempt to calm, please understand that this is a public forum. We all have the privilege, not the right, to post here. If this thread degrades further, I will voluntarily exit it, never to be seen again.
SlowCoder is offline                         Send a private message to SlowCoder
Old 25-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #46
dosraider
Dismembered.

Don't mind RW's little rant SlowCoder, says a lot about him, not much about me.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 26-11-2008, 03:08 AM   #47
Rogerwilco
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Don't mind RW's little rant SlowCoder, says a lot about him, not much about me.
Relax, raiderette, it's all in fun....

okay, here's some little ol' tidbits as my seniel brain comes up for air . . ..

Remember . . . ...

oh... these are still out there...if ya want em, let me know...

LIST??? LIST.COM wow, one of the cream of the DOS utilities back then...text reader to you young folks...had the ability to clone itself if you wanted to change attributes...

SLED.....Simple Little EDitor..... a ton of bells & whistles in a 17k - that's k, not m, folks - package..... like LIST, one file, could clone...

Remember ZOO? Like ZIP and RAR, a compression utility

GREP? Remember that?

Heh..... is this what it's coming to.....old moldy guy here reminicing about the past...

Let it be a lesson to you young folks: The stuff you're currently enjoying at the present will be the retro nostalgia of the future
Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #48
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Rogerwilco and SlowCoder, I believe I can learn a lot from you guys. Heck perhaps I am probably half your age (27) but my first computer was a 4/86 with 240 megabytes of harddrive, 4 megabytes of ram, VGA screen and then it was dos 6. something (and Windows 3.11) . But still I began reading about the old days before that. And began getting an intrest in old hardware and what not, perhaps I can´t program for shit (sorry to all the moderators that I cursed , but other than that then carry on). But I did learn a lot from reading manuals for dos (the DOS cookbook or something like that) . But still your conversation is to me something I think is awesome to read, so please continue since to me, I hope I can bring in some joy to the mix, by learning from you guys
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK