Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-09-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
eolsunder

Wanted to get in touch with someone who has or knows a link to a site that has the manuals or docs to "Twilight 2000" a pc game from Paragon software, 1992.

Please do not put links or tell me sites that have the manuals, but require you to pay for them, or other places with securities in place (like underdog).

Ive done some searches but can't find it about anywhere. Thanks all.
eolsunder is offline                         Send a private message to eolsunder
Old 08-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Well, HoTU DOES have it in fact. Anything wrong about that?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #3
eolsunder

yes they do have it, but they also have a incredibly stupid automated "banning" system which will ban you for weeks from making downloads off their sites if you don't have your download manager set exactly a certain way. Which I don't and don't know how to do.

So after trying to download the simple 1kb file and having the automated "banning" program not like my download manager and ban me for at least a week, I need to get it from somewhere else, because I don't want to wait a week to download it. And chances are I won't have the download manager set up right again, so it will do it all over.

So again, if someone can get it for me or point me to a site I can actually use, that would be appreciated.
eolsunder is offline                         Send a private message to eolsunder
Old 08-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
a1s
Hero Gamer

next time you can follow a simple procedure of turning it off (this methond has 100% reliability! and no payments necesary! call now and get a free nothing as a gift!), at least that's what I do.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 08-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
eolsunder

turn what off. I tried doing what they said, and thought I did everything, but obviously I didn't.

I downloaded a few games, worked ok. I tried downloading a manual (i guess it uses some other sort of download manager) and it registered as downloading 8 games at once, which is silly, and which auto banned me for a week.

its a stupid system, and Im not going to spend a week trying to adjust what ever junk on my computer to their wierd expectations. There isn't any reason to have to do all that just so I don't download with my CABLE modem a game at 2 bits a second instead of 4.

I tried, didn't work, move on to something else.

This isn't a topic about what to do with that sites stuff, its a simple request for a game manual if anyone has one. If you don't, please don't complain that I can't adjust a half dozen download managers for downloading a simple manual. Since I got banned obviously I don't know how to do it. Just don't point to their site, because I tried that already (as the first post says)

Old 08-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #6
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by eolsunder@Sep 8 2005, 07:49 PM
turn what off.
Well, the download manager, obviously.

About the manual, I've checked several places, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. You'll probably just have to wait for a few days, turn off your download manager and try the Underdogs again.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 09-09-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Exactly. Disabling the d/l manager is the only sure way. Also, try opening the manual in your browser window and then saving it from there (File->Save As).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
eclipsespilce

Default I've got this stuff, mang.

I have the box, discs, manual, everything. I will scan them this weekend, and look into how to contribute. Until now, I've just been enjoying, and the need to give back is growing.

By the way, it's in "new" condition, and I got the works for $0.50 at a used bookstore! I'll scan the map, and even the "business reply" mail inserts as well.

Sorry it's 5 years late.

Last edited by eclipsespilce; 09-06-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added apology
eclipsespilce is offline                         Send a private message to eclipsespilce
Old 09-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #9
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

lulz

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 09-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Necropost, from five years.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86