Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-12-2004, 04:20 PM   #11
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have tons of problems with my XP, but that's never happened. IE may freeze or something, but that isn't a frequent thing. :blink:
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 17-12-2004, 04:22 PM   #12
FreeFreddy

I would say the same. Either the monitor counts it's last days, or the graphics card became damaged / overheated / old / whatever...

Old 17-12-2004, 04:30 PM   #13
mouse31e
Games Master

I agree, sounds like the monitor to me!

My old monitor did exactly that and my girlfriend's did it as well. They both kept going for months though!
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 17-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #14
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Quote:
QUOTE (Eagle of Fire @ Dec 17 2004, 10:39 AM)
Sometime static can add up and strange thing happen. Especially if you have the habit of placing your PC speakers next to the screen like about anyone else do.
What's wrong with that?
Actually, if you have cheap speakers it won't do much. But if you have very good speakers, then it can harm you monitor if your speakers are too close of the screen. Fact is, your monitor use magnets to direct the light beams on the screen. I don't know enough of the internal composition of the monitor to describe it perfectly, but I know they do use magnets.

Your speakers also use magnets. Any speakers do. So if you have very good speakers and you use them at full power, they might interfere with your monitor and bring the inner components to move and, in the worst case scenario, over time bring it to be off scale.

Hell, my toaster interfere with my monitor and it's something like a foot away from it! Yet, when I want toasts and I'm playing on the monitor at the same time, the screen shake because of (seemingly) interferences! And it only happens when I use my toaster... :w00t:

Just take it with a little grain of salt... While it can happen that your speaker harm your monitor, it's just very rare. Thus why you are likely to see this happen with very old monitors.

Quote:
Edit: thanks for the help eagle, your truly a great help... Why arent you VIP by now?
Probably because I never asked for it? I'm not the one to ask this question to anyways. I'm not an admin.