Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-06-2004, 09:31 AM   #11
Anonymous

Agree with you there, for example in Larry 1 when you purchase wine from the liqour store. How am I suppose to know that the cab driver's gonna drink my wine and the game end ?

It's ok if it's a problem that you can solve after first failing, but in this case the game ends and you can only get past it by starting over.

Old 14-08-2004, 10:18 AM   #12
rallier
Abandonia nerd

Default Terrible ending

Very good game overall.....and it's fairly easy just follow the info you have.... I hated the end though.......it's not a logical end.....not at all!!!!
what we have there is a retarded crossdresser. The clues i obtained were talking about a beautiful and sensational lady in red......even if that info comes from a 5 y.o. kid. My own prime suspect was yo moneys girlfriend, but i wanted to take a cigarette butt from the ashtray for analisys and wouldn't let me....Furthermore the way you find the murderer is by stupid means of luck........hey come on........do u expect me to believe that all the work done has to rely on a dog that drags you on a rope? (that's so silly!!!!!).......maybe sierra was very hasty in releasing the game......because i am sure they could think of something better than that......extremely disappointing....only the shoe directed me to a thought of the killer not being a woman.
But if you remember at the beginning it said: ur killer has transportation
I can't see how a retard could obtain a driving license and learn driving on his own. Furthermore.......what was his assosiation with the rest of the victims? something is a miss!!!!!!!!!
rallier is offline                         Send a private message to rallier
Old 25-08-2004, 09:08 AM   #13
marius
Lurker

I started playing PQ 4 and I have a problem. After talking to Mrs. Garcia about her dead son, I read the memo about Hickman's funeral and I go to his house, where (according to the walktrough) I should speak to his wife then automatically go to the bar. Instead, I arrive at Hickman's house, I knock, but I receicve a message, saying nobody's home at this time. What should I do?
marius is offline                         Send a private message to marius
Old 01-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #14
Bort

I haven't played PQ4 yet. I'm downloading it as I read these posts. A suggestion for Hickman's that you might get some entertainment out of and might work:
What would a cop do?
He'd leave and goof off. Driving around periodically going by the house to see if anyone was there, and periodically stopping to knock again.

Get some dunkin blownuts and go back! :w00t:
Bort is offline                         Send a private message to Bort
Old 02-10-2004, 09:09 AM   #15
Bort

Downloaded, installed. Is it taking anyone else an hour to step into, and out of the elevator? It doesn't freeze or lock up but...just sits there. I can move the cursor and the music plays but it stalls. Is this happening to anyone else? Anyone know the solution? I'm thinking maybe a defrag might help but my drive isn't that badly fragmented.
Maybe there's a patch or something?
I've left and let it run while I was gone for an hour while this has happened, the program is responding and all other processes not needed are closed. When I came back from my outting I was finally able to choose a floor. I got to the floor I was going to and had to wait another half hour until I could do anything else. Anyone?
Bort is offline                         Send a private message to Bort
Old 03-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #16
gdp2000
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by olzen@Jun 28 2004, 08:15 AM
The difficulty is one of the reasons why I prefer LucasArts over Sierra. In LucasArts games, there always seems to be a logical solution. The Sierra games sometimes require you to think illogically or learn from experience which very often gets annoying.
Is there a Lucas Arts game game where you could die, too? Don't remember one. Wait, except Idiana Jones 3 in some situations and fights and in 4 only in fights. Never play The Dig. In Full Throttle you could die, too. But when you made a mistake, Ben said that it was wrong and you restarted before doing the last action.

c ya
gdp2k
gdp2000 is offline                         Send a private message to gdp2000
Old 28-10-2004, 02:58 PM   #17
kosti

Send a message via AIM to kosti Send a message via MSN to kosti Send a message via Yahoo to kosti

:help:

What is wrong in pq4 game? When i play it always stuck in the elevators.
And i cant do nothing. Can you fix the game so it´s working good?

Thanx

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill
kosti is offline                         Send a private message to kosti
Old 30-10-2004, 12:06 AM   #18
Phoenix

Help me please...........with the game that is, mental help is beyond me. Anyhoo I have go to the part where I am in the firefight in the south streets. I shoot the bad dude twice with my shotty, however that's all I have managed to do. Is there an easier way to "control" or aim the shotgun.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!! (Throws big temper tantrum) issed:

If anyone can offer any advice (regarding the game guys :bleh: ) it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Phoenix is offline                         Send a private message to Phoenix
Old 30-10-2004, 03:37 AM   #19
Phoenix

Hi Guys,

I got past mthat pesky firefight, but got stuck on an error. Anyhoo I searched the web and found this site....it has two patches for Police Quest 4. I downloaded both and so far the errors I had come across have been fixed. Hope it works for you.

http://www.pcgamesportal.de/index.php?site=patc&id=P

GOOD LUCK !!
Phoenix is offline                         Send a private message to Phoenix
Old 01-11-2004, 09:58 AM   #20
allesdsd

Quote:
Originally posted by Bort@Oct 2 2004, 09:09 AM
Downloaded, installed. Is it taking anyone else an hour to step into, and out of the elevator? It doesn't freeze or lock up but...just sits there. I can move the cursor and the music plays but it stalls. Is this happening to anyone else? Anyone know the solution? I'm thinking maybe a defrag might help but my drive isn't that badly fragmented.
Maybe there's a patch or something?
I've left and let it run while I was gone for an hour while this has happened, the program is responding and all other processes not needed are closed. When I came back from my outting I was finally able to choose a floor. I got to the floor I was going to and had to wait another half hour until I could do anything else. Anyone?
the game is always chrashing i cant save so if anyone knows which poroblems there could be with the game so please post here
thanks
i have win2000 pent3 etc..